8 hours into my first butt

S

SgtFubar

so I sit here on a wed evening, 8 hrs into smoking my first butt, dome temp at 300, grill temp at 240, been in foil for about 30 min. internal temp was around 168 when I put it in foil, hoping for the best.

I did do some other stuff today, sirloin tri tip roast, some veghead italian sausages & a twist on keri's apple baked beans with vegitarian chirizo, I must say it turned out real good.
wish me luck. sorry bro's no pron this time.

why the veggie stuff? the veggie chorizo is more disturbing to me than the no pron.

My better half & one of her sons are both vegitarians, so I try my best to adapt to there needs as well, the beans turned out real well, even my carnivor kids loved it. :-D

Sgt, sounds like a good day of cooking. You should take care of your better half and family, as you did. The Keri's Baked Beans sounds fine to me for the family. Nothing disturbing to me about what you cooked. Clean that camera off though.:biggrin:

I'm thinking update? :lol:

EDIT: LOL being impatient. Nevermind

pichers1.jpg

Ok, Ok I will try to post some picks of the aftermath this morning.

Ok here is the pron. the pork pulled nicely last night, also did a sirloin tri tip, it was good but i think i left it on just a little too long.

Enjoy

Attachments

• 100_0334.jpg
    100_0334.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_0335.jpg
    100_0335.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_0336.jpg
    100_0336.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_0337.jpg
    100_0337.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_0338.jpg
    100_0338.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 75
Looks good! You mind sharing your veg recipes? I'm sure I'm not the only one here who tries to increase their veg intake on occasion.

Keri's apple baked beans, it's in the recipe section, I used 1 yellow pepper, 1 banana pepper, 1 small green bell pepper & 1 petite yellow pepper (all from my garden) & instead of real meat I used soy chorizo from trader joes.
I will be making it this way from now on, you really couldn't tell it had fake meat in it:biggrin:

Back