• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SmACk TaWK BoD meeting tonight

I just got home from my park board meeting and it must have been a full moon! Crissakes!!! I hope the KCBS Board meeting went better!

Pork rule stands as is
Table Capts will be expanded with class
A Lic contest cant be a State Championship
Everyone has to follow the same rules

And none of the 3 censure motions passed. Or even got off the ground...

Pork rule stands as is

Wonder what that is referrring to? Has their been preferential treatment given in the past?

Pork rule stands as is

But, an unlicensed contest CAN be a State Championship. Why can't a licensed contest be a state championship? KCBS does not determine what contests are designated that way. Last I heard it was up to the governor of each state to make that decision. Oh wait, I see now, the KCBS board is going to take over and run everything for us, just like the new healthcare bill.... and tell us when, where, and how we can do anything related to barbecue. Good grief!:frown:

But, an unlicensed contest CAN be a State Championship. Why can't a licensed contest be a state championship? KCBS does not determine what contests are designated that way. Last I heard it was up to the governor of each state to make that decision. :

I will explain......
A licensed event uses the KCBS Program for free no sanctioning fees
This is in place for new contests That is why it cant be a state championship
Heck no 1st year contest would pay to be sanctioned :)
Sanctioned cost money, with that the promoter gets to be a state champ if he/she
has the Gov signature

I will explain......
A licensed event uses the KCBS Program for free no sanctioning fees
This is in place for new contests That is why it cant be a state championship
Heck no 1st year contest would pay to be sanctioned :)
Sanctioned cost money, with that the promoter gets to be a state champ if he/she
has the Gov signature

A first year contest does not have to have sanctioning from any organization (KCBS, or any other) if they have a proclamation from the governor. If they are a first year contest and they have a proclamation that they are a state championship and they have at least 15 teams and cook the required meat categories then they are a qualifier for a certain invitational contest. There was another thread on this very subject recently on this forum.
Qualifying Contests Include:
  1. Contests with a “Qualifying State Championship.” A State Championship is a contest with a state proclamation signed by the Governor with at least 15 competing teams the first year and 25 competing teams each subsequent year.
  2. Contests with a minimum of 50 competing teams are qualifiers and do not require a “State Championship” proclamation.
  3. A state with only one contest must have a minimum of 15 competing teams to be considered but does not require a "State Championship” proclamation.
  4. To be considered a "Competing Team,” teams must submit entries for all contest categories required to be the Grand Champion or overall winner of that event.
Nothing at all in the above requirements about KCBS having anything to do with it at all. A contest can use whatever scoring system they want to determine the winner. I'm thinking about starting my own barbecue organization. The Upper Alabama Smoking Society; UASS. :mrgreen:

This isnt about the state championship
Your info is 100% correct
Its about using the KCBS program
If you want the KCBS Rules and program
you play by the KCBS rules
Lic contest 1st year free
no championship
no paid organizer

OK :)

I'd like to learn more about those censure motions. On the agenda, it says "Censure a director who failed to follow basic rules of etiquette and professional behavior during board meetings. Censure directors who failed to follow basic rules of etiquette and professional behavior outside the board meetings. Request for Executive session to censure Board member for conduct unbecoming a KCBS Board of Director." Anyone have more details than that?

A first year contest does not have to have sanctioning from any organization (KCBS, or any other) if they have a proclamation from the governor.

Nothing at all in the above requirements about KCBS having anything to do with it at all. A contest can use whatever scoring system they want to determine the winner.

And the sooner newer and some older teams and promoters learn this the better off Competition BBQ will be!

It is over like Mike Lake said thats all I know.
He showed great leadership and put a stop to
the squabbling

But, an unlicensed contest CAN be a State Championship. Why can't a licensed contest be a state championship? KCBS does not determine what contests are designated that way. Last I heard it was up to the governor of each state to make that decision. Oh wait, I see now, the KCBS board is going to take over and run everything for us, just like the new healthcare bill.... and tell us when, where, and how we can do anything related to barbecue. Good grief!:frown:

Calm down Mark. What they meant was that a State Championship can't be a licensed contest.

Now this one is just opinion but I don't think the American President is trying to turn us in to Russia.

Back