Huron BBQ contest June 5 and 6

Wow no interest june is a busy month, this contest is just another that is loosing steam.

I really wanted to make this contest this year. But I was on the fence about quitting competitions. And now I have had a ton of medical problems and havent worked for the last two weeks, and it will likely take me the rest of the summer to recover. I hope you get the turnout you need. I hate seeinig comps go by the wayside even if i cant do them anymore.

I really wanted to make this contest this year. But I was on the fence about quitting competitions. And now I have had a ton of medical problems and havent worked for the last two weeks, and it will likely take me the rest of the summer to recover. I hope you get the turnout you need. I hate seeinig comps go by the wayside even if i cant do them anymore.

Hope you recover in good time. Scotty d

Sorry bud, but with the economic times, we had to cut back on the total number of comps. This one was on our list but got cut... I hope it's around next year.

So does that mean you are going to cook the one in Mowequa instead Dive?

So does that mean you are going to cook the one in Mowequa instead Dive?
We are taking this weekend off to ready the gear... Found some problems while at Dayton with the cabinets that I put together along with loading/unloading issues with the trailer. So I figured this weekend would be used for fixing (along with building a wind break I thought up while at the practice cook up in Michigan) and maybe even trying to find my back yard. :eek:

Then next weekend we are getting every thing together for the Fort Atkinson comp in two weeks.. Thinking of maybe even doing a practice comp that weekend...

It's been kinda busy for us with the Dayton charity cook, then this last weekend opening up the families summer place plus more than a few long days at work, my prep time for comps has been cut way back (just wish I could have been born rich instead of just good looking....8))

parrothead smokers won grand champs at huron this weekend.

Scotty - you guys put on a great contest! Bush and Candy do a great job organizing. We were happy to be there. We'll be back next year.

Back