The Variety Club BBQ Bash Memphis, TN

Getting ready to send in our app now. Just talked to a lady on the phone there and they have 55 teams already. She said they're probably going to cut it off at 65.

Look forward to seeing you again, James!

Getting ready to send in our app now. Just talked to a lady on the phone there and they have 55 teams already. She said they're probably going to cut it off at 65.

I drove mine over to them yesterday, I heard they had 63 teams Sat. when I was in Huntsville. I was nervous I wouldn't get it in in time. Maybe we'll get spots close together. Look forward to seeing you there.

We're in. Got everyone that was in Lula with us coming:biggrin: It was a great time up there last year!

I just checked my sheet from last year. There were 56 teams and it was packed. I don't know where they'll put 9 more teams:!:

We are in. We were team #30 to enter. Last I heard they were going to cut-off KCBS to apox 65 teams and backyard to 20 teams. Most of our team are members of the Variety Club (VC) and have cooked at the VC for many of years (before it was sanctioned). Stop by our tent. Look foward to meeting everyone. Plus this will be the competion debut of the two UDS we built this spring.

I just checked my sheet from last year. There were 56 teams and it was packed. I don't know where they'll put 9 more teams:!:

Two years ago we had 70ish teams out there and it was packed. Started limiting last year.

good luck to all you guys. We had already committed to Sallisaw, Ok to meet up with some friends that weekend. Hope the weather is nice that weekend, kind of ready to get out of the monsoon season.

Pigs-R-Us is planning to cook that one. Close to home for the Mississippi division, a little bit farther drive for me from OWB.

Just got off the phone with this really nice lady at the Variety Club to make sure they got our app and she said we were number 56.....9 spots left!

Good Luck to all who are competing. We are maxing out the credit card on Memphis In May. I will be visiting and hope to meet new freinds and see old ones.
Thanks
Mike
Swinebuck

Back