MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
TOPS BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Default Meat Slicer

Because I cater a lot of tri-tip, I take along my Very old, but very functional Globe slicer. My problem is that it weighs a little more than a hundred pounds and is cumbersome to transport since I don't have a trailer.

I have been looking on CL for slicers and have come across a few that I'm not sure if they are worth the price. Here are the following slicers and prices I found:

Fleetwood Model M220S Mignon S - This is a 9" slicer - Few years old. $275

Univex 10" Slicer - Model unknown - Few years old - $450

Globe 11" Slicer - Model unknown - circa 1980's - $500

My preference is the Globe, but that farker is about the same weight as to what I have now. The Univex would be my second choice, but not sure how good that brand is. I hadn't even heard of them before and the model number is not a current one.

Any suggestions?

BTW - Does anyone know of a reliable site I can go to and find out how old a slicer is by model number? I couldn't find anything about my slicer A-8403.

Diamond Plate FAT 50 Ultra
200-Gal Barrel
55-Gal Horizontal offset
2 55-Gal Vertical Barrels
Bar-B-Chef Offset

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting for dirty!
TOPS BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote