BBQ Restaurant

L

lazybonesmoke1

OK picture this, a 270 person sit down BBQ joint with a large bar that has a wrap around porch, a stage for live music, a back patio that has a brick rotisserie spit for private party pig roasts and this place would be next to a harley davidson dealership. Now the question is what kind of bbq food would you put on the menu?

Pulled pork
brisket (cannot believe I said that)
salmon
ribs
chix (1/4, 1/2 etc,)
Skewers (shrimp, beef, lamb etc.)
steaks
meatloaf
ABTs
potato salad
cole slaw
baked potato
corn bread
dinner rolls
burgers
chix fingers
mac and cheese
baked beans

Spruce up as you wish!

I'd definitely go with cooked.

Personally I'd cook big hunks of meat and have people carving all day long! Brisket, Rib roasts, Turkeys, Sausage, Pork Shoulders, Ribs by the slab only, just BIG FOOD! Huge stuffed potatoes, half-inch thick onion rings, Fatties, and big hunks of bread with cauldrons of Bagna Cauda in the middle of the table...Ahh...AHHH...AAAAHHHHRRGGGHHH!!!

Whew! I think I need a cigarette.

I'd definitely go with cooked.

Personally I'd cook big hunks of meat and have people carving all day long! Brisket, Rib roasts, Turkeys, Sausage, Pork Shoulders, Ribs by the slab only, just BIG FOOD! Huge stuffed potatoes, half-inch thick onion rings, Fatties, and big hunks of bread with cauldrons of Bagna Cauda in the middle of the table...Ahh...AHHH...AAAAHHHHRRGGGHHH!!!

Whew! I think I need a cigarette.

Yeah I like the carving suggestion on big food!

I know...I know...The "Good" Kind!!!:twisted: If you smoke it...they will come! :lol:

I like the idea of doing rib roasts with a carving station on Fridays or Saturday nights. They order it and you take the roast around on a cart and slice it right in front of them.

Skip the live music - not worth the trouble

Former live music nightclub & bar owner

Yep, I have been to Lucilles nice atmosphere, but can be too crowded. The Q is fair at best! Can good Q be produced daily with those numbers? Gonna need more than one excellent Pit Boss and staff; I would imagine.

Yum carved big food, that has a nice ring to it. Hopefully a big thick smoke ring to boot. Q, beans and cornbread, does it get any better....

Skip the live music - not worth the trouble

Former live music nightclub & bar owner

really dont think live music would be worth it? even like on just say saturday nights>? ive kicked this around ever since i have thought of my own place. Of course being in Texas. the Texas/Red dirt scene is huge right now, and bringing in the right music would bring alot of business.

I'd keep it simple & I'd keep it "Q":

Pulled Pork
Brisket
Ribs
Chicken

I'd offer dinner plates with the choice of 1, 2, 3, or 4 meats, 2 sides & white bread
I'd also offer Sammies with 2 sides

For sides I'd offer:
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Mac -N- Cheese
Seasoned Fries
Cheesy Corn

Offer 3 or 4 sauce choices...

really dont think live music would be worth it? even like on just say saturday nights>? ive kicked this around ever since i have thought of my own place. Of course being in Texas. the Texas/Red dirt scene is huge right now, and bringing in the right music would bring alot of business.

That's what everybody thinks - "bringing in the right music would bring alot of business.". The problem is that you need bands/acts that have a following - bands want to play your place to get a following. Garage bands are unreliable at best and an incredible PIA at worst.

Lastly, as a diner, the last thing I want is some clown up on stage playing their latest inspiration or cover at 12,000db while I'm trying to have a conversation and enjoy my food. If you want to be in the food business then be in the food business.

I like the bbq version of the Brazilian rotisserie. Tough to do with pulled pork, though... Can't see carrying around a hotel pan of pork to put a handful on someone's plate.

For sides, I actually want something I don't see all the time. and add tomato pie - people would come just for that!

tomato pie? isn't that a pizza? dinosaur bbq is kinda the direction I'm leaning to since it will be next to a harley dealership. I want to focus more on the food. Some things I was thinking about were like bbq perogies, mini pullled pork sliders, abt's, stuff that you can't find too many places

Thanks Papa Hogg, I couldn't have said it better!

I'd keep it simple & I'd keep it "Q":

Pulled Pork
Brisket
Ribs
Chicken

I'd offer dinner plates with the choice of 1, 2, 3, or 4 meats, 2 sides & white bread
I'd also offer Sammies with 2 sides

For sides I'd offer:
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Mac -N- Cheese
Seasoned Fries
Cheesy Corn

Offer 3 or 4 sauce choices...

There is a BBQ place down the road from me that has "Italian Night". WHAT???? I don't understand that. If you are a 'q joint, keep is simple, make the best BBQ you can and do it consistently.

Q

There is a BBQ place down the road from me that has "Italian Night". WHAT???? I don't understand that. If you are a 'q joint, keep is simple, make the best BBQ you can and do it consistently.
Yeah I went to a supposingly BBQ place and the special of the day was spaghetti:confused:

Back