Finishing sauce time?

F

FireBrewer

Have some BBs on the offset right now, thinking of putting some sauce on at the end. Saw somewhere someone wrote "15 minutes before the end"...is that before serving? Before it goes in the cooler? Before foiling? :confused:

Thanks!

I put a light glaze on 15-20 minutes before removing them from the smoker. My wife likes a lot of sauce so hers get extra coverage.

I like finishing on a hot grill for just long enough to glaze the sauce.

Save the ickys ticky sugary sauces for just before pulling to serve. So 3 hours smoke, 2 hours folied, 1 hour finihs and 15 minutes to apply sauces and get them icky sticky, my wife likes them that way as well. Scott

Have some BBs on the offset right now, thinking of putting some sauce on at the end. Saw somewhere someone wrote "15 minutes before the end"...is that before serving? Before it goes in the cooler? Before foiling? :confused:

I think that this, more than how long you leave your ribs on, is highly dependent on your smoker.

If you're running regularly at 275F then you will want a shorter time.

I run normally at 225 and I've found that 30 minutes before coming off the cooker is good . . . BUT - I've cut my sauce almost in half with apple juice. That makes for a much thinner sauce with more to evaporate and run off.

If I sauce/glaze I pop it on about 10-15 mins from the end of cooking. I normally go for 10mins and leave it on for longer if I think the glaze needs it.

I rarely sauce, I glaze to improve the looks but I normally serve with about 5 choices of sauce so people can sauce on their plates as taste varies, ie I like it spicy and very hot, my other half likes it hot and spicy and normally my guests like it spicy but next to no heat.

Back