MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
tker32
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Price for a used Bandera?

I came across a Bandera on my local CL and they are asking $200 for it. To me that seems like it could be a little high, especially since I will still need to spend money on mods to get it squared away. Am I just being too cheap and are these cookers worth that?

My other option is to build a UDS, either a full size or a 30 gallon. I guess one other option is looking at buying a clearanced Jumbo Joe and trying to get a middle section built up for it and use it as a semi-homemade WSM.

Thanks

Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

I was looking for one and saw them listed anywhere from $75 to $200. $200 I think is a fair price for one in good condition that only needs mods and no other repairs.
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
SmittyJonz

They average $200 around here - seen them start at $275 - $300 but I watch the ad and see them drop price once they get $200-$225 they sell.
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
tker32
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll probably keep an eye on the listing and see if they end up dropping the price. If I can get it for $150 or so, I'll probably pick it up. If not, I'll figure something else out.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
PitRow
is one Smokin' Farker

I paid $200 for mine used. It was in great shape, clean, no rust, all the grates, rib racks, hangers, etc. were there and it had a nice stainless baffle mod. And he threw in a couple arm loads of oak for it.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitRow View Post
I paid $200 for mine used. It was in great shape, clean, no rust, all the grates, rib racks, hangers, etc. were there and it had a nice stainless baffle mod. And he threw in a couple arm loads of oak for it.
Awesome. I looked at a couple before deciding to build a larger custom "Bandera" and none were in "ready to fire" condition and since I'm no welder and have no direct friends that are, I passed.
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
bvbull200
Take a breath!

I scored mine for $75. It was missing a caster and had surface rust, but was otherwise in good condition. It came with all racks/hangers/shelves, too. I think I got mine for a pretty good deal, though. I have seen a couple more show up on CL, lately, and they were in the $150-200 range. Seems to be the going rate.

I had a blast restoring/modding mine. Good luck in your search.