abs bar be cube info/mods

bluzieq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've cooked 1 butt,pork steaks,chicken thighs and breast. the butt was best I have ever done, steaks okay,breast fair,thighs best ever.I am 90% satisfied with the cube. It is very well built,heavy and nice looking. Quality materials used. the bottom mostly runs hotter than middle sometimes by 100 mostly about 50, the top is close to the bottom . most times only 3 racks could be used, unless all ribs or chicken. but due to temp difference you'd have to move it around. I could see cooking butts on top,ribs middle, chicken on bottom? what do ya think? I just havent got it down yet, but I do like the flavor of food dripping on the heat transfer plates(like a lang?) but I do kinda wish I'd got the all star. but it is way smaller. just maybe more evened out temps. now mods ideal, how about take the firebox out, have an offset made to slide back in (bottom piece long enough to slide in on rollers) and use the latches to lock it to front bottom of smoker. lid on top to put wood/charcoal in ,hope Im clear. would this even temps top to bottom? also mark at abs and ryan at country cottage,springfield , good guys. Both of them very nice.

I like the idea of making an offset "attachment" that replaces the roll out firebox... that would be killer. I'm thinking of adding a few latch clamps to the firebox and cooking chamber door along with fire rope for better sealing. See attached image. Other than that, probably some hd casters to make it roll around. Love this thing... Would love to figure a way to run all wood in it... firebox mod may just accomplish that!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358216425.525401.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358216408.019078.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358216408.019078.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 128
abs bar be cube

I just bought a trailer at HF 40 x 48 ,12 inch wheels to mount this on permently

Back