Pulled pork pizza with Slawsa!!

tatonka3a2

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We were preparing for a winter storm here and I decided to get the majority of the cooking out of the way at the beginning of the weekend.

Started with 2 pork butts and rubbed with mustard and seasoned with Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub. Wrapped and into the fridge for a couple of hours.

Onto the Yoder at 225° and the AMNPS loaded up with maple pellets (this was in the hopper as well).

Over 11 hours into the smoke....

You can see the pellet smoker lasted over 11 hours.

I removed them from the smoker when it was 198° and foiled and into the cooler for a couple of hours to rest before pulling. Here it is right before pulling...

Excellent flavor!! Love the pecan rub!!

Day 1 - we had pulled pork sandwiches that were devoured by everyone young to old! Didn't get pictures as everyone was hungry.

Day 2 was Pizza! BBQ sauce/pizza sauce mix as the base sauce, pulled pork, onions, Slawsa, and some diced jalapenos along with some cheese as the toppings.

This is where you normally would see me say something like..... "Onto the Yoder to smoke" ....well with the winter storm that has been 3 days and blowing this pizza went into the oven instead.

This was the look outside, and not to mention that driveway has been shoveled twice over the weekend!!

Out of the oven and it was great!! Love pulled pork on pizza, we do wish it was off the Yoder but I was tired of fighting mother nature all weekend! The Slawsa was GREAT!! I want to order some of the spicy version and give that a whirl too.

Man that is some nice looking pizza. I am going to have to try that recipe. Your pulled pork, well you nailed it. Nice job!

Back