MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
mojack
Found some matches.

Default catering to start building up to restaurant

Hello folks , I am trying to start a new BBQ business . i love bbq'ing and have been doing it in one form of another for more then 10 years . Now that i have out grown my uds, i came up with the money to buy a Lang 60 deluxe on a trailer . So i can tow and go . I also have 1 Saturday a month gig doing BBQ for the local Indy wrestling company i work with . Between the workers and fans there is about 150 people there to sell to . IM trying to rent out the commercial kitchen at the local bar my lady works out and possibly swing a few gigs there during the warmer months . Right now IM trying to get the HD to tell me what i need to get 100 legit , i have my spot to take my food safety cert next month . I have the papers ready to file for my LLC , company name and logo business cards ect already done . I want to start out small at first and with in 2-5 years open a actual BBQ business . the trick where i am at is living off the locals during the winter and hitting the tourist during the summer . I'm looking for any tips hints and experience i can get from anyone who has already gone down the path I am looking at traveling now. I have a nice egg nest put aside to start up this new venture and a few ideas to make it where i am located at { like delivery as no one delivers food in my area } An the only other 2 BBQ places here arnt worth a darn.
so if any one can help i would appreciate it .
Thanks
mojack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
plethoraofpinatas
On the road to being a farker

Sounds like you have the first steps figured out. Speaking only for your catering venture (one step at a time!), have you made a business plan? Do you have a commercial kitchen available for your needs at all times, especially if you get more gigs?

It sounds like you are just about ready to start the catering, so why don't you focus on that before thinking about the brick and mortar?

Coming soon! - Oyler 700
Lang 60 Deluxe
22.5" WSM (x2), 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTS
Char Griller Smoker Pro w/ SFB, reverse flow mod
plethoraofpinatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

You have the plan in motion, I would say go ahead and start with what you have and see where it takes you. It will most likely be a journey much different than you anticipate. Good Luck and congrats!
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
jacksedona
Take a breath!

it would be good to have a website of your catering availability to target your local market-even one page wil do alot