stuffed tenderloin (pics)

zakaluka

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I have about 5 hours at home before the big party, so I needed something to contribute for dinner that I could get done in that time frame. I decided on Pork Tenderloin since one of the guests is an older guy that can only eat lean.

This is tortaboy's pineapple pork loins recipe from Check out my loins! but against a tenderloin.

About the first picture, I was pretty mad! Found a reasonably priced tenderloin at a supermarket. I was surprised that it was completely un-treated, so I decided I'd give it a whirl. Turns out they packed 2 very small tenderloins together, to look like one medium sized one :mad2:.

I only had wooden skewers for holding the stuffing in, and that obviously wasn't going to work anymore, so I had to get creative. Made slits down the center of each one, and re-assembled them just the way they were in the original package. Washed some steel line and wrapped the whole thing tightly with that instead of skewering. Didn't have any cotton twine, and I refuse to drive the 20 mi back to the market. Should I write them a letter?

I used a spicy rub that's very light on salt with a little crushed sage. Something tells me sage + pineapple will complement nicely. It's on a 250F grill now with applesmoke, 115 IT and I have about 3 hours left to finish it. Bit of a rush job but I bet it'll turn out nice :). It smells so good right now.

Thanks for the idea, can't wait to try it out! One final picture at 11 or so.

Attachments

• two, wat.JPG
    two, wat.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 78
  • stuffed.JPG
    stuffed.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 79
  • grill.JPG
    grill.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 2hrs.JPG
    2hrs.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 76
I think this was a waste of a tenderloin. I'll resist the urge to post my experiments next time :D. I think it needed to cook much more quickly than it did - 250 until 145 turned the connective tissues to mush, had to cut carefully to find good pieces of meat to serve.

There is nothing wrong with experiences like these. They make us better.

And if you take a look at some of my pics in my posts, you will see much, much worse. Look at those naked eggs I made.:puke:

Back