Maverick ET-732

steve6402

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
well first time using my Maverick ET-732 can the pit probe be off by 20 degrees thermometer reads 225 and the maverick reads 205 :confused:

The entire pit will not be the same temp. Depends where they are located. You could test them with boiling water. Should read about 212 degrees. My ET-732 read 214. Test them and then you will know for sure.

I've read a couple reviews of the temps on this model mysteriously jumping about 20 degrees or being about this far off from other thermos placed side-by-side. It's always hard to know what people are doing. Boiling water is a great test though.

Make sure that you do not allow the entire probe to go into the water. You can ruin the probes if you allow the part where the wire connects to the probe to be emersed in water.

Make sure that you do not allow the entire probe to go into the water. You can ruin the probes if you allow the part where the wire connects to the probe to be emersed in water.

That's good advice for any thermometer. Waterproof or not. I also like the idea of heat shrink tubing where the cable probe connect together.

Back