Remote thermo

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'd like to get a new remote probe thermo and display to replace the POS I bought about a year ago that only goes up to 200F... It would be nice if it was wireless, but that's not a deal breaker. Suggestions?

I recently got the Maverick ET-732. Done two cooks with it and love it so far. Have used it as both a dual grate and grate/meat probe. PM Steve at 5-0 BBQ and he will hook you up-

More props to the ET-732. It works really well and is a great upgrade from the ET-73 which is still a good thermometer and less expensive. I've gotten all mine off ebay for good prices.

Thanks for all the input... Sounds like a pretty obvious choice! :-D

Mavrick ET-732. Has worked flawless for me. Great range also on the wireless.

If you get this one you have to be VERY careful with the probes. Do a little googling and you will see they have a lot of problems if you subject them to high temps (600+ degrees) or if you clean them improperly. I got mine a few months ago, only used it twice, and one of the probes gave out on me. fortunately Maverick is VERY good about replacing them and doing so quickly.

this being said, its still the best one on the market and i love mine. Its especially great out here in AZ when its 115 outside and i can monitor temps sitting in the AC while watching a football game. The Min and Max temp alarms are a god send too

Remote Thermo?:confused: Is it electric or wood-fired?

It's actually for my gas powered vehicle:

short_bus-t2.jpg

I just got the Maverick ET=732 - haven't tried it yet so I can't report on it. I can report that I got it from 5-0 BBQ (the BBQ Equipment Store) and he's great to deal with.

Glad to see the bus - I need to get on there & see if that's where I left my helmet.

I just got the Maverick ET=732 - haven't tried it yet so I can't report on it. I can report that I got it from 5-0 BBQ (the BBQ Equipment Store) and he's great to deal with.

Glad to see the bus - I need to get on there & see if that's where I left my helmet.

+ 1 on Steve... I pm'd him and he got right back to me. Gonna place my order today.

I don't see your helmet anywhere on here. You sure Guerry doesn't have it? Where is that farker anyway?

The Maverick (as you may have noticed) is the most popular model. I have had 3 of them. There are a few pricier models have smart phone integration etc.

Check this out
http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/artic...igrill-bluetooth-meat-thermometer-your-iphone

I like the concept, the only problem is, I do not own an iphone. I own a droid. I did just purchase the ET732, I loved my old ET73, but alas it has gone to the great smoker in the sky. I would love to get an accurate smoker thermo that works for my android phone.

If you have the will then you can always build yourself netduino or arduino device....

I've had my Maverick ET-732 for several months and love it. No problems at all and it never loses signal anywhere in my house or on my 3 acres.

Back