MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Trucky1008
is One Chatty Farker

Default Drop Off Waiver

I'm just getting started into light catering. I have a drop off for this weekend and I want to explain safe food handling practices to the cleint as well as have them sign a waiver indicating they are responsible for the proper handling of the food after I leave. I was hoping that someone could share a copy of a waiver they use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jambo Backyard
Gateway Drum
Fast Eddy FEC100 X2
BGE- Large x2
Certified MOINK Ball Maker, 2008
KCBS Member and CBJ
8.5 X 28' ATC Trailer
Trucky1008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

If ya poison a bunch of people, I think you will still be liable if you profit from the cook. Even if they sign something. Not sure though.

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

A waiver is not a get out of jail free card, but, it sure makes slowing down the blame a lot easier. In fact, the waiver actually functions as a means of formalizing the warning and making folks think. Sadly, I don't have one for you Don. It will provide decent protection against a suit or claim and is advisable. Further, it does not need to be very technical or complex.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
chachahut
Full Fledged Farker

Here's what I use:

Thank you for hiring ______________ BBQ Inc. for your event.

Your meal was served at Time/Date:

Please be aware that we take every precaution to observe safe food handling and storage techniques to provide you the freshest foods possible.

We have gladly left the foods we prepared so that your guests can help themselves to 2nds or a take-home “doggy bag”.

Health Department guide lines dictate that cold foods stored above 41’, and hot foods stored below 140’ for more than 4 hours MUST BE DISPOSED OF PROPERLY.

If you so choose to refrigerate “leftovers” they must be properly cooled within the 4 hour time limit listed above.

We highly recommend that regardless of said time limits, you dispose high risk items like salads, potato salad, deviled eggs, fish products etc. in a timely manner and do not re-use after your event.

The above date/time of serving should be used as a guide line as to when that time expires.

Please be aware of these times, and that you (the client) are solely responsible for proper handling after we leave your event to go clean up for our next adventure!

Any additional foods that you, your guests or anyone else has provided (and is not listed on your contract from us) we take no responsibility for. Those items are beyond our control, and will be treated as such.

Thanks for you understanding and cooperation, we do take our clients health concerns in a serious manner.

Signed client:

Signed provider:

Date:

Time:

Backwoods Pro Jr.
Backwoods Competitor
busted Backwoods Fatboy
Weber 22.5 Kettle
some stainless wood fired thing
chachahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
Trucky1008
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks Frank, that will really help, I appreciate it!

Jambo Backyard
Gateway Drum
Fast Eddy FEC100 X2
BGE- Large x2
Certified MOINK Ball Maker, 2008
KCBS Member and CBJ
8.5 X 28' ATC Trailer
Trucky1008 is offline   Reply With Quote