Contest Announcment 1st Annual Great SouthWest Chopper Fest & BBQ Smoke Off

Mr. Bo

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Labor Day Week end, September 3 - 4, 2011
All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society!
Official event website: HDBBQ.com

Come on down to Bisbee, southern Arizona's Mile High City, and enjoy a great time over Labor Day week end. Moderate temperatures, BBQ, Bikes and Beer.
We currently have three area hotels that are offering some great rates for this event and expect even more to get on board.

This is going to be a great event over this Holiday weekend.

Hope to get lots of teams out there for it.

It's going to be in conjunction with a big bike rally they are having there. Nothing like Bikes, BBQ & Beer.

This is a BCS (Barbeque Championship Series) Sanctioned event and an AZBarbeque Arizona Triple Crown of BBQ Event, so teams will earn points toward our Team of the Year race.

BCS comp cancelled The Bad & the Good

The BAD
There's no pleasure in posting this, and Mike is already aware, but the BCS part of this event is cancelled due to a couple of major sponsorship pledges not coming through as planned. That and the fact that we currently only have two entry forms/fees this close to the event, led the committee to decide last night that we just can't do this as it needs to be done.
Rest assured the the lone entry fee we have, and any that might be in the mail, will be returned promptly and the checks will not be cashed.
My sincere apologies to one and all for any inconvenience.

The GOOD
The Great SouthWest Chopperfest & BBQ Cookoff will go on as planned! Bisbee is nice and cool that time of year and this is going to be a great event with Bikes, BBQ & Beer. I'm currently the only entry in the main comp with a low $100 entry fee. The worst case scenario is, I'm the only entry and I win my money back. The best case scenario is, we get several teams signed up, I still win and take everyone's money. :roll:

Here's the link to the official web site.

Last edited:
Back