Would you be interested in a photog at a comp?

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm thinking of building a plan to do photography at competitions for teams. I don't know if there's much demand for this, but I'm willing to work with some select friends this year, with comps near home for me (SW Ohio, SE IN, etc) to do some photos that could be used on websites and in limited ways.

If anyone is interested, let me know, please! It's a way to get some good shots of what you do at a competition without having to stop your normal process. Plus, I'm a cook and judge and at least know what's going on.

I wouldn't mind a photographer just as long as he stayed the heck out of the cooking area.

At cookoff Jamie Geer puts on, there was a photog that went arount and took team picks and came back later with 11x14 prints for like $20.

I think it is a great idea as long as it is not too costly. I always have my camera and always forget to take pictures or I take only a few and miss alot. I would like to have someone else taking the pictures, I am sure they would do a better job than I could.

With some of the pictures you take Curt wish you were on the east coast.:thumb:

There is a guy named Dick Ross who has been doing photography at BBQ contests as well as lots of other public events (Marathon's, festivals, etc) around the Kansas City area for a number of years.

He used to sell some photos and also post some images for free as well, not sure if he is still doing this or not, but you can view his FAQ about his hobby/business at this link:

http://www.seekcrun.com/htmdocs/faq.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, guys. Unlike an event type photog, I am thinking more that 2-3 teams might want a series of shots to use for websites, promotions, etc. for a reasonable fee. I did a bunch for Danielle (DivaQ) last year that turned out decently, for her to use as she needs. This way it's not just a photo for $20.

I think this is a great idea, exactly for the reasons George mentioned. Hopefully teams in your area will bite on it.:thumb:

Back