• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Boston Hills BBQ Fest 2011 - June 24th-26th, 2011

The Giggler

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Announcing the 3rd Annual Boston Hills BBQ Fest 2011. Please join us in the scenic and rolling hills of Boston, NY on the last weekend in June.

Friday June 24th - Check In, Meat Inspection, Pot Luck Dinner

Saturday June 25h - KCBS NY State Championship (stop number 3 on the Empire State BBQ Championship Series)

Sunday June 26th - NEBS Wide Open Grilling Championship

As you know by now, the hospitality at our event is unrivaled. Friendly faces, curbside trash pickup, ice, entertainment, continental breakfast, and complimentary adult beverages are included again. This year, we've limited the field to 50 teams, so don't delay sending your entry form in.

This event is a fundraiser for the Patchin Volunteer Fire Department. Visit www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com for complete details.

Thank you for your continued support!

Attachments

• Boston Hills BBQ Fest 2011 Entry Form.pdf
    357.4 KB · Views: 15
App downloaded and ready to mail out tomorrow. I just have one question which hopefully I can ask without the mods jumping all over it -

Cock Robin? Now, I wasn't born until '81 so somebody enlighten me.

By the way Giggler, BWS cranked out ribs like it was it's job, dummyproof, thanks for the heads up.

Cock Robin.... I know.... (laughing) It was before my time too, but they have a huge following in the area. They bring a lot if people out, which will be good for the fundraiser portion of this event - beer sales.

There are some changes (good) for this year. We're all going to be more central to the event. Closer to the bands and action, closer to the stages, and yes, closer to the taps.

Glad the BWS rocked for you Swede. They are great cookers.

KCBS Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Butt Hutt Bar-B-Que
Red Valley BBQ
Big Belly BarBeQue
Doghouse Willie
Hawg Doctors
The BBQ Guru
Regal BBQ
Shuck and Clucks BBQ Team
Buckner Brothers Barbeque

NEBS Wide Open Grilling Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Big Belly BarbeQue
Torches
Brazin' Hell
Double D's Barbeque

In case anyone is wondering - my rig has been reserved for Rob Marion (Two Worthless Nuts) for KCBS, and Kevin Smith (The 5th Artery) for NEBS Wide Open Grilling. That is if I have both of their paid registrations by the end of the month.... :twisted: (grins)

Mike, I'll be bringing my registration over tomorrow. Also, Kevin told me that the Fatboy is done early, and should be shipping shortly. :clap2::thumb:

you are killing me with the Saturday KCBS!!

I'll send off the app when i get home later in the week!

you are killing me with the Saturday KCBS!!

I'll send off the app when i get home later in the week!

What's the problem with Saturday KCBS?!?! By having KCBS before the NEBS Grilling, you are eliminating the CURSE of doing well in NEBS Grilling, and following up with a lousy KCBS showing the next day. (laughing)

We'll keep an eye out in the mail for your app! Glad to have you this year Muzzlebrake. The free ice will marry up well to Black Bush.

FYI - Anyone sending in their application, please make sure to send them to MY address listed on the Entry Form. For some reason, there have been a few sent to Town Hall (contest grounds), and that can take a week or so to get to me.

Update to the Roster

KCBS Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Butt Hutt Bar-B-Que
Red Valley BBQ
Big Belly BarBeQue
Doghouse Willie
Hawg Doctors
The BBQ Guru
Regal BBQ
3312 All-Star BBQ Co
Fat Guys In A Little Smoke

Buffalo Meatheads
Big Belly BarbeQue
Torches
Brazin' Hell
Double D's Barbeque

Update to the Roster

KCBS Teams Entered
Buffalo Meatheads
Butt Hutt Bar-B-Que
Red Valley BBQ
Big Belly BarBeQue
Doghouse Willie
Hawg Doctors
The BBQ Guru
Regal BBQ
KC and the Smokeshack Band
Fat Guys In A Little Smoke
Nickel City Smokers
Can't Stop Grillin'

Buffalo Meatheads
Big Belly BarbeQue
Torches
Brazin' Hell
Double D's Barbeque[/QUOTE]
Applegas Grillin'

I have tenatives from many teams, but nobody is officially in until I have an entry form and check. We have room for 50 teams this year. Last year, we had 38 teams attend. There are 2 teams that have a conflict with the dates and won't be able to make it. Everyone else has indicated they are returning. So get those forms in!

Is there a safe place to park our trailers after the Wilson, NY comp? No sense in dragging them all the way home when we'll be back in the area the following week.

Back