• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need help on getting a Weber Smokey Joe Platinum from Ace Hardware

Smokin Gator

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ace Hardware is running a sale on the Weber Smokey Joe Platinum. None of the Ace Hardwares around here have them and I can't find one on their online site. If anyone has an Ace nearby and can find one and ship it to me it would be greatly appreciated.

See if they can have it shipped in. They advertise free shipping to your local store..... worth a try.

I will check for you tomorrow if I go to town!

Thanks... I appreciate it.

See if they can have it shipped in. They advertise free shipping to your local store..... worth a try.

I can't find it on the Ace site. If you can and could provide a link I would appreciate it.

Thanks for checking... the link is for the smaller one. But I do appreciate the effort.

Brent -- Don't know how things work down there, but my local Ace Hardware up here has a help desk where they will order anything that Ace carries. They have a Tuesday delivery every week if we get our order to them by Friday evening.

Have you asked if they will do that for you there?

brent i saw several of them at my local store. but are there 2 different smokey joes??:confused:

Brent -- Don't know how things work down there, but my local Ace Hardware up here has a help desk where they will order anything that Ace carries. They have a Tuesday delivery every week if we get our order to them by Friday evening.

Have you asked if they will do that for you there?

I'll go back by there tomorrow. The Ace here is a little country store. They don't have any outdoor cooking stuff at all. It is basically a feed store and a hardware store.

brent i saw several of them at my local store. but are there 2 different smokey joes??:confused:

I think there are actually three different ones:

Smokey Joe Silver
Smokey Joe Gold
Smokey Joe Platinum

The first two are 14.5 inches in diameter and the last one is 18.5.

I just knew the Swamp Thang would never be big enough for you! :lol:

I will check Dothan Ace next Tues if you still need one.

TIM

i will check tomorrow brent. pm me your phone number and i will call you if they have one. i will be glad to get it for you if they do.

I'll check too.
Bought one last year when they had the sale.
Day off tomorrow and nothing to do....until now. :biggrin:

Sorry I had no luck Brent. They had 2 when I got mine on Saturday, but the 2nd one was gone when I was there today. I will check Linen's n Things on my way to work tomorrow.

The only 18.5" Weber grill I could find was a One-Touch silver. Home Depot just got them in this weekend. I looked on the Weber site and that was the only 18.5" they listed there too. What was the price??

I'll check the ones around Lakeland and see what I can scrounge up on Friday.

I think there are actually three different ones:

Smokey Joe Silver
Smokey Joe Gold
Smokey Joe Platinum

The first two are 14.5 inches in diameter and the last one is 18.5.

Gator is right. The 14.5 inch Silver has an air vent directly on the bottom, with a small ash catch pan. The 14.5 Gold has side vents and a locking handle to make it portable. And the 18.5 inch Platinum has side vents and locking handle also which makes it portable.

I thought Weber quit making the Platinum about a year or so ago, but maybe they resumed production since they seem to be on the market again. Maybe someone with more Weber info than I can chime in on that.

According to those in the know, the SJP has been discontinued.
http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9040039023/m/9590060845

18.5" Bar B Kettles are much nicer IMHO.

I was looking for a discontinued Cast iron grate holder for my Performer and Weber CS said Ace and True Value usually have stockpiles of Weber products that get discontinued, I had no luck finding one. Call around, someones bound to have a display model at clearance price.

Back