bulk spice mill

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a bulk spice mill that doesn't cost $20,000.00?

We are looking to grind whole spice as freshly as possible for retail.

All I can find so far are small hand held or of the volume of one pot of coffee.

We are looking for something with a hopper that we can dump maybe 5 pounds or better into and walk away while it grinds to our predetermined setting. It needs to be easily cleanable as well since we need to completely clean before running a new spice through it.

I was just talking to the guy from there ten minutes ago. We have some issues with these, but I got an education from the guy.

He says that a stone mill is what we want to get down to fine spice grinds. The metal burr models like on the page you posted will only go down to cornmeal size.

The only problem is with the stones is cleaning between spices. He suggested running rice through between spices. It will leave a small amount of residue, but leave a distinguishable flavor signature.

I was just talking to the guy from there ten minutes ago. We have some issues with these, but I got an education from the guy.

He says that a stone mill is what we want to get down to fine spice grinds. The metal burr models like on the page you posted will only go down to cornmeal size.

The only problem is with the stones is cleaning between spices. He suggested running rice through between spices. It will leave a small amount of residue, but leave a distinguishable flavor signature.

Suprised that even if you used the Extra Fine Grinding Burrs, it would only get you down to cornmeal size.....good to know that.

Talk to ScottD.

If you come across a small-ish ribbon sifter, let me know.

This is what I love about this site. Just ask and eveyone pipes in. Keeps search engines going overtime.

Back