***Vote - BBQ Brethren "Let's Make Dagwood Drool!" Throwdown!- VOTE***

Vote for the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Let's Make Dagwood Drool" Throwdown!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^ Yeah that's the part of the story I won't try to give ya a visual off :laugh:

Well in the home stretch it's the Dog out in front by just a nose.
He can smell that lemony fresh finish line!!!!
But the Dawg can still make a break for it if there's any hope it's now.
The Moose has kept his distance from the leaders and is strongly holding his own in third place.
This is down to the wire folks, just a flea bite on the arse could make this a tie or the Dawg jump into the lead but there's not much time for that to happen

Just making it in before the end, whew! Loved the sandwiches and if the theme was not to make Dagwood drool, but rather to make ME drool, the vote would have been much more difficult. But the theme is to make Dagwood drool and the two I see doing that best are Shagdog's and Smoke Dawg's. They both look really delicious. My vote goes to the one really over the top, Smoke Dawg!

For me, it is coming down to shagdog, smokedawg an moose sine theirs look the most like Dagwood sandwiches.

I have to say though, this is a tough category for cooks because a sandwich you can actually EAT is not likely to get the votes based on category. So one has to choose what they want to do carefully. I know I have gone both ways, cooking something absolutely over the top, and cooking more practically.

That said...I'm voting for the over the top dishes here today.

Now for the hard part...

Pinky said Shagdog gets the Slurp of Approval on the win.:thumb::thumb:

slurp_zps05a866d9.jpg

:first: Congratulations, Shagdog, that was one excellent Dagwood! :clap:

I have to say though, this is a tough category for cooks because a sandwich you can actually EAT is not likely to get the votes based on category. So one has to choose what they want to do carefully. I know I have gone both ways, cooking something absolutely over the top, and cooking more practically.

I go through this, too, as I expect many of my brothers and sisters do. I've finally made some kind of peace with that and my cooks. If it's a cook I really want to win, let's say I've thought of a theme and would like to call a TD, I do whatever I can to win. If I just want to be part of the fun and showcase my cooking, I cook for myself and don't care if I win. The sandwich I entered into this TD was for me and dang, it was good! :biggrin1:

Ha! That's too funny because it really was that farking close. We coulda tied. I was secretly hoping for a tie after how close it had been, seemed only right we shared it.

Back