• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Oh Christmas butts, oh Christmas butts

Rev Beard

Reaction score
Was able to convince my girlfriend that it would be a good idea to have Christmas Eve at our house. And that I should make pulled pork for it. Some how she actually said yes...

So me and her brother fired up the smoker at 8, injected two four pound butts with Stubbs pork marinade, rubbed them down with our pork rub and into the smoker. Wrapped them in foil in a pan after about 3 hours when the IT hit 160.

Probed tender after 6 hrs and 195-200 in different spots. It was fantastic. wonderful tenderness. great smoke ring and perfect bark. My only problem was there was none left over for today!

Thanks for looking and enjoy your holidays!

also I wish I could figure out why my pictures are always upside down...but you get the idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 162
Silly ,tell girlfriend to turn camera upside down, I know , why didn't I think of that??She didn't notice with the awsome meat...

Was able to convince my girlfriend that it would be a good idea to have Christmas Eve at our house. And that I should make pulled pork for it. Some how she actually said yes...

So me and her brother fired up the smoker at 8, injected two four pound butts with Stubbs pork marinade, rubbed them down with our pork rub and into the smoker. Wrapped them in foil in a pan after about 3 hours when the IT hit 160.

Probed tender after 6 hrs and 195-200 in different spots. It was fantastic. wonderful tenderness. great smoke ring and perfect bark. My only problem was there was none left over for today!

Thanks for looking and enjoy your holidays!

also I wish I could figure out why my pictures are always upside down...but you get the idea.

How thick is your injector needle? Last time I tried to inject a Stubbs marinade there was to thick of ingredients that clogged my needle. I strained it once, which was OK but definitely lacking in the flavor!

How thick is your injector needle? Last time I tried to inject a Stubbs marinade there was to thick of ingredients that clogged my needle. I strained it once, which was OK but definitely lacking in the flavor!

Yea I've had the same problems with it before. I strained it this time and do think it lacked some of the flavor from previous times but was still pretty good.

Back