Weber Smokey Joe Score

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I found this at the Swap Meet yesterday, $5.00!!!

Looks like it was manufactured in 1983. Maybe used 1/2 a dozen times, the under side of the lid has never seen smoke.

Thought it would be good for trips to the park

What do you all think, Score?

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture007.jpg

for sure a score as you don't need to replace the cooking grate.
take care of the wood handle. lightly sand it then stain it with a deck stain and then finish it with a couple of coats of outside spar varnish.
also need to replace the washers and other hardware with ss hardware.

Fantastic! The wood handles look brand new.

I love mine for camping, or just cooking up a couple steaks. Smokey Joes are very practical.

Five bucks makes it even better.

CD

for sure a score as you don't need to replace the cooking grate.
take care of the wood handle. lightly sand it then stain it with a deck stain and then finish it with a couple of coats of outside spar varnish.
also need to replace the washers and other hardware with ss hardware.

Great advice, Thank-You Sir!

Fantastic! The wood handles look brand new.

I love mine for camping, or just cooking up a couple steaks. Smokey Joes are very practical.

Five bucks makes it even better.

CD

Thanks CD, we were always wishing we had a small grill for some quick day trips.

replace the washers and other hardware with ss hardware.
I do that to all of the SJs in my collection/museum.

I treat those Weber wood handles with Watco Teak oil finish. it's marine grade, and looks great.

That is a fantastic score on a nice little grill. There's no rust on the legs at all. Obviously it was kept indoors, and hasn't seen much, if any, weather.

Looks nice. I guess I need to replace the bolts,washers and wing nuts with SS hardware on my WSM mini. Although Rust is not such a big problem in AZ and CO like it is in TX.

Make it into a mini-wsm.

One of the nicest things about the mini is that you can still use it as a Smokey Joe :)

Back