Chicken Thighs - Boneless/Skinless with Pron

redvert05

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Picked up about 8 lbs of Boneless/Skinless thighs and put them on the OTG using Stubbs with Pear wood for smoke. Here is the progression:

Dusted with Famous Dave's Rib Rub, EVOO, and Kosher Salt

BonelessSkinlessThighsVeggies.jpg

On the Kettle with our homemade hover grill in place for capacity

BonelessSkinlessThighsVeggies1.jpg

Cooked at 250* for 1hr 45min and they are off, spritzed with AJ/Apple Cider Vinegar every 45 min

BonelessSkinlessThighsVeggies2.jpg

Summer Squash / Zucc's / Onions done on our 1950's Sears (Coleman) white gas stove

BonelessSkinlessThighsVeggies3.jpg

Plated up and ready to eat! Drizzle of Alabama Sauce and SBR/Apple Cider Vinegar mix BBQ Sauce.

BonelessSkinlessThighsVeggies5.jpg

BonelessSkinlessThighsVeggies6.jpg

Boy were they good. Wife had great things to say about the "Weber Collection" on the deck! Lots left for lunches/dinners/snacks!!

Last edited:
that looks great... love the squash and zucc!!!! nice job:thumb:

Fantastic cook - love your camping stove - that is too cool :thumb: Kerosene, right?

edit: Just noted the Smokey Joe grill as a second cooking level on the kettle. New mod in the making! Could have used that idea years ago. Got it now!

Fantastic cook - love your camping stove - that is too cool :thumb: Kerosene, right?

edit: Just noted the Smokey Joe grill as a second cooking level on the kettle. New mod in the making! Could have used that idea years ago. Got it now!

Camping stove runs on Coleman Fuel (White gas is what they used to call it, I think). Got it at a garage sale about 5 years ago from an elderly lady. Her and her late husband bought it new and used it for camping. Sold it to me for $3.00! :shocked:

Hover grill on my OTG is simply made from a 14" generic grate (from Menard's) and some bolts and nuts for legs.....prob less than $5 invested in it. The Smokey Joe in the background just snuck in to the picture by mistake! :becky:

Terry

Looks great! was there any drying on the surface of the meat? In other words did the surface of the meat dry out?

Looks great! was there any drying on the surface of the meat? In other words did the surface of the meat dry out?

Without the skin, the meat developed a bit of a "bark" but since I spritzed it a couple of times it was not dry. A little bit of a thin firm outer layer of "bark" but all that was underneath it was very moist.

One thing I forgot to mention is that about half way thru I rotated the meat between the main grate and the hover grill, as the hover grill was running at a hotter temp due to it being up higher in the dome. I think this got me a more consistent "doneness" on all the pieces.

Terry.

That old stove brought back some memories for sure! Those things last a long time and it was white gas (or kerosene) that they used to run on... don't know what is in those Coleman fuel cans now. Great looking meal, and great hovering grill.

Back