MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #16
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT SELL IT!!! that WSM belongs at home with its papa!!

i'm gonna cry....

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #17
VoodoChild
is one Smokin' Farker

Well If the family Hates smoked food .. Go ahead and sell the 22.5 WSM and Build a Mini WSM for you so you can still play with a smoker and eat smoked meat !!!
1- WEBER RANCH KETTLE
VoodoChild is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #18
slammmed
Full Fledged Farker

This must be the one I saw on craigslist yesterday, gotta say though your price was over retail. $420 even for a new one is hard to justify, especially if it as a used one. Considering they are 399 on amazon.

Sorry to hear about the family not liking the food, but think off it this way, that's just more for you!
slammmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #19
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

That is pretty unfortunate, my gf loves when even my clothes smell like smoke (I don't like my clothes smelling like smoke)

Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #20
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

One cook and your already giving up? I do not approve of this message.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #21
Physics202
Found some matches.

I have a very similar story. I just bought my WSM 18.5. Have done 4 cooks on it of ribs/chicken/butt. My wife loved the ribs, thought the chicken was pretty good, but when she had the pulled pork, she decided that eating animal flesh was not her thing... She has now decided to go vegetarian. Oh well, I guess more meat for me. No way I'm giving up my WSM though. This has already become an addicting hobby for me.
Physics202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #22
Youngin'
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Bear
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Q View Post
I personally have enjoyed BBQ my whoe life. My grandfather is excellent on his stick burner. I have a pretty good pallate when it comes to food ;)

The smoke was "invisible", I used 2 1/4 aplle wood chunks with about a half ring of coal and used the minion style. I used meatheads "memphis dust" rub ***maybe thats what did it*** on the ribs and spritzed every hour. The legs were marinated in lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.

pegged 225 and maintained for the duration of the cook. a little under 3 hours for the legs, close to 4 ((weeeeeee bit over)) for the baby backs.

My taste buds thought it tasted good. There is a place down here...well in Fort Lauderdale called Tom Jenkins and mine were as juicy, tender and tug off the bone as theirs. Flavor profile was different. Wife doesnt like their ribs either. Nor does she like Shorty's ((a bbq chain that is horendous)).

Even when my firend coal grills burgers she says they are smokey and seems to have brainwashed the kiddlets into tasting the same way she does.

I love her none the less.
Maybe your wife isn't to fond of ribs in general? My wife hates it when I cook ribs every weekend for an entire month

Try some different foods without the smoke. Who wouldn't like ABT's, MOINKS, or Pig Shots? Try a pork butt and make a Cuban sammich like I do to please my wife and I get to cook on the WSM.

Shortys does stink.
Youngin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #23
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Cook up a pork butt fo her. Wrap tightly in foil when it hits 160 degrees. Continue cooking until its pull apart tender and add back ALL of the liquid from the foil wfter the meat has been pulled. Feed her a sandwich made with that and I will be SHOCKED if she doesn't love it.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #24
305Q
Knows what a fatty is.

yes 420 was a typo. The add and listing has been corrected and updated. I am trying to sell it at 10% off what I paid for it.
305Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #25
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physics202 View Post
I have a very similar story. I just bought my WSM 18.5. Have done 4 cooks on it of ribs/chicken/butt. My wife loved the ribs, thought the chicken was pretty good, but when she had the pulled pork, she decided that eating animal flesh was not her thing... She has now decided to go vegetarian. Oh well, I guess more meat for me. No way I'm giving up my WSM though. This has already become an addicting hobby for me.
Your BBQ drove your wife to abandon meat forever? You turned her to vegetarianism with one batch or pulled pork? Your mojo is mighty, but, poorly directed sir.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #26
Jason TQ

You had zero idea your family didn't like smoked meat?? I say keep it for you. They will come around. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a single thing you could smoke on there that they wouldn't eat.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #27
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Q View Post
yes 420 was a typo. The add and listing has been corrected and updated. I am trying to sell it at 10% off what I paid for it.
I would be strongly tempted to put the price back up to $420, keep the ad up until it sells and keep using it in the meantime. After a couple of years you can honestly tell your wife "Well, I tried".

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
I would be strongly tempted to put the price back up to $420, keep the ad up until it sells and keep using it in the meantime. After a couple of years you can honestly tell your wife "Well, I tried".
I've purchased several toys this year using this line now. I think she's onto me though.

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #29
slammmed
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
lol great idea!
slammmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
22.5, for sale, smoker, Weber, Weber 22.5