Thank you all!

DakotaBBQ

Reaction score
This is to the folks that helped me out on our first competition. We spent the weekend in North Platte, NE for the Honky Tonk BBQ Competition. This was our first experience at a competition and needless to say we felt SO welcome! What a great bunch of people! Thank you all so much for your advice and compliments. We had so much fun and meet so many people.
Which brings me to the other point of this post.
I meet so many people this weekend that I can't remember any of their names or team names. One of those weekends that by the time I shake their hands and blurted out my name I forgot theirs. :rolleyes: To you all I apologize! There was not one person that came over and introduced themselves that I wouldn't want to hear from again. I just remember in my head that one gentleman who stopped by a few times that had built a barrel smoker and was debating bringing it. What a nice guy he was. And of course ChibiQ was one of the first to come up and introduce himself. And I have no idea what his name was. LOL I am so sorry guys. I feel so bad because I owe credit to everyone there, whether it be just from them coming over and welcoming me to advice and compliments to just keeping me and my teammate company through the night (even the drunk obnoxious one). :-D
I would love to hear from them again. Please, if you where one of these people I would love to hear from you again. I am a guy that would rather thank you personally. Even if it is just through email or however it may be.
So drop me a PM on here or find me on facebook under Dakota BBQ.
Thank you all so much, and Congrats to all who received a call this weekend! No call for me but I feel the weekend was a huge success in my book.
Again thank you all! Hope to hear from you again!
Mike
The Flaming "Q"

Sounds like you had a great time at your first comp. I competed in my first this weekend as well, and got to meet quite a few fellow Brethren. I was on a row of 6-7 Brethren memebers which was really cool. I know how you feel with remembering names. I try to tell myself to repeat their name three times in a row after they tell me, but I always seem to forget. I think we're all just wired that way, its not just you. :doh:

How could you forget my name it is yours also :p.
sorry i did not make it over more. wind was killer. great contest. Glad you had fun. now get the smoker trailer done.

Michael

Now THAT's funny :-D

I'm glad you had a positive experience, Mike (the first Mike, but I'm glad ChibiQ had fun, too :) ). We try to get around and meet new people at every competition. That is one of the parts that we enjoy most! Sometimes I get busy and forget names as well, but we try to write them down as soon as we can to make it easier at the next comp.

wow and I thought I was anal on some things Ron... but I like the idea with writing down folks names. I am useless at it. It takes me a good 20 times talking to a person before I remember their name... :crazy: Then again, I'd probably lose my notes for people's names...

sorry i did not make it over more. wind was killer. great contest. Glad you had fun. now get the smoker trailer done.

Michael

HAHAHA! Sorry man. Now I remember plain as day from when you walked over. Good job on that 3rd place finish!

My wife remembered your name when I was just telling her about this post. She said wait a minute wasn't his name Michael too? lol :doh:

Next time we're all there, we need to do a Brethren shot...I'll host the first one. :thumb: I think there were maybe 4-5 Brethren teams there, but I could be wrong.

Hey, Dakota BBQ, are you planning on going to Huron in June?

I am going to try my darnedest that's for sure. I am still unemployed and no one wants to give me a job. My wife is fighting a company she works for who is just cutting and cutting peoples salaries. We have out grown this state. We need to get the hell out of here!

I am going to try my darnedest that's for sure. I am still unemployed and no one wants to give me a job. My wife is fighting a company she works for who is just cutting and cutting peoples salaries. We have out grown this state. We need to get the hell out of here!
Great contest...you don't wanna miss it!

CL, I'm not sure where they're at with entries, are you bringing any more southerners up with you?

Back