Funk's Pig Honey Hot and Fast Rib Heaven.

leanza

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
First time trying Barbefunkoramaque's Hot an Fast Weep and Pig Honey Ribs. There's a lot to be said about this high heat approach. I'm thinking Funk was trying to send the traditional Texas message here and what you get is a great rib as compared to the foiled 3-2-1 rib that you smother in sauce.

Pulled out the offset and went at it. The taste and texture is wonderful when you follow the Funks layered spice approach. I went with Hit Me Fred, Atomic Dog Sprinkle and Butt Glitter.

This rib was amazing. Any sauce would have destroyed the texture (bark) and taste that you get when you combine those spices and that heat level.

This was my first attempt and I'm going back. I really enjoyed NO SAUCE!

Attachments

• HF Ribs 079.jpg
    HF Ribs 079.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 437
  • HF Ribs 080.jpg
    HF Ribs 080.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 432
  • HF Ribs 087.jpg
    HF Ribs 087.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 429
  • HF Ribs 091.jpg
    HF Ribs 091.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 433
WOW those look good!! No, they look outstanding! What a great appetizing color to those ribs. Very nice!

Outstanding looking plate. How was the heat in the peppers? I'd hit that plate for sure.

Nice ribs...:-D

Attachments

• ribs.jpg
    ribs.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 410
  • ribs 2.jpg
    ribs 2.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 411
They sure look great. I always considered sauce an add in.

Those Ribs look KickAss.
Good job. Making me hungry.
Gonna go get some today.
PARTY!!!!!

Damn, looks like I am going to have to do ribs sat or sunday after xmas. Those ribs made my mouth water.

Also was just told I had a Turkey to do Saturday or Sunday. I guess I'll just fill up the smoker with everything in the freezer.

Back