MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #766
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestargrillz View Post
Yes I meant to post about that yesterday. We have been working with a OEM manufacture of high end ovens and appliances to manufacture for us the same style door seal that you would see on high end ovens. This new seal for us is in the same configuration as we have been using so it will seamlessly integrate into our smokers. This new seal has a 304 stainless steel mesh/spring core that will last much longer that the rope seal will and wont put as much pressure on the door latches decreasing wear and tear. Best thing of all is that this new seal will be installed on our smokers going forward but since its made in the same configuration as our old seals it will fit in your existing smokers when your old seal needs to be replaced. As mentioned we updated the videos on our site to show the new seals.

Thanks
Chris
Lone Star Grillz
Thats an awesome feature upgrade. Looks really good too. The constant improvements make me really glad I purchased the smoker!
darkoozy is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #767
Rockin Ribs
Found some matches.

I'm very new here but have read all of these post I have been cooking comps for only 4 yrs now, I have a offset smoker that really does a great job and is so well built that I cant see myself getting rid of her. My son will end up with this ole thing. But to the point I shopped and shopped and I made the choice to buy from Lone Star Grillz based on all I read about Chris and Amber that says a lot. I'm not taking anything away from Abes smokers which I read several comments from a user of one but I needed to do business with people I can drive over and speak with if I have issues. I have placed my order for two large verticals and one Mini. It may be over kill but kinda like having bullets its all fine until you needed more and I don't think I will need more cooking room for a while. Like I said I love to do comps and this may be a learning curve but im game, I plan to use a go-pro cam for some videos and pics for yall but I have a long wait. will chime in time to time until then happy smoking.
Rockin Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #768
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

Welcome to the club, Rockin...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #769
JoSal73
Full Fledged Farker

Finally got it off the trailer! Can't fire her up yet due to time constraints, but I expect Wednesday I'll light Natalia up for seasoning and maybe a naked fatty :)

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-23-2015, 04:36 PM   #770
THoey1963

Jose, you are killing me... She pretty!

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].

Old 03-23-2015, 05:08 PM   #771
Kaptain Kadian
is One Chatty Farker

How are you guys loading your charcoal loading for shorter cooks? Chris recommends stacking the charcoal all the way to the top to control how fast it burns, so if you are cooking for 6 hours or so, how are you loading your charcoal? I was using fire bricks to make a s shape in mine and haven't gotten that long of burn times. I am not getting the hour per pound burn time on mine.
Kaptain Kadian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2015, 05:13 PM   #772
JoSal73
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
Jose, you are killing me... She pretty!
I'm dying to light her up immediately !! But I can't :(

I gotta win the lottery man. This responsibility b.s. has to stop interrupting my fun!!!

Old 03-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #773
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Ribs View Post
I'm very new here but have read all of these post I have been cooking comps for only 4 yrs now, I have a offset smoker that really does a great job and is so well built that I cant see myself getting rid of her. My son will end up with this ole thing. But to the point I shopped and shopped and I made the choice to buy from Lone Star Grillz based on all I read about Chris and Amber that says a lot. I'm not taking anything away from Abes smokers which I read several comments from a user of one but I needed to do business with people I can drive over and speak with if I have issues. I have placed my order for two large verticals and one Mini. It may be over kill but kinda like having bullets its all fine until you needed more and I don't think I will need more cooking room for a while. Like I said I love to do comps and this may be a learning curve but im game, I plan to use a go-pro cam for some videos and pics for yall but I have a long wait. will chime in time to time until then happy smoking.
You made the right choice. Abe's is out of business. The young owner was not prepared for the business. LSG ain't going anywhere.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2015, 10:14 AM   #774
Rockin Ribs
Found some matches.

yes PJ TEXAS I was so close but I kept reading a few things that just didn't sit right with me, then I came across LSG and then i'm close enough that I could drive and talk in person an touch the product. I knew then I was hooked...Chris runs a straight up business and i'm sure his wife just she wasn't there the day I went but beside every good man is a better woman. so I just sit and wait now for at least my email...lol and drool while looking at all the pics of the great pits.
Rockin Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #775
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Welcome to the club Rockin Ribs...cant wait to see your pics! You made a good choice!
darkoozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #776
KajunSmoke
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

yahooooo!!!! Spoke to Chris today and got Email "Good afternoon! I wanted to let you know that we have started fabrication on your smoker!

Thanks," 7 Days and counting. Boy these 7 days are going to draaaaaagggg.
KajunSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #777
lws
Got rid of the matchlight.

I am new here and I also am waiting on my LGS 24x40 smoker I'm down almost nine week with about six to go and can not wait and I think Chris and Amber are great to deal with I even drove 700 miles talk to them place an order.
lws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2015, 11:35 PM   #778
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Kadian View Post
How are you guys loading your charcoal loading for shorter cooks? Chris recommends stacking the charcoal all the way to the top to control how fast it burns, so if you are cooking for 6 hours or so, how are you loading your charcoal? I was using fire bricks to make a s shape in mine and haven't gotten that long of burn times. I am not getting the hour per pound burn time on mine.
I still load it up to the top and just put in as much coal as I think I'll need. I use the Ts for the maze and start in the left bottom corner and fill up that row and back down to get 2 full rows for a shorter cook. When the cook is complete I either just shut it all down or move the unlit coals away so they don't burn up.

There are many factors on how much fuel it will consume. Temp, water or no water (when you add water is also a factor), if you have a deflector plate, etc.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #779
THoey1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by KajunSmoke View Post
yahooooo!!!! Spoke to Chris today and got Email "Good afternoon! I wanted to let you know that we have started fabrication on your smoker!

Thanks," 7 Days and counting. Boy these 7 days are going to draaaaaagggg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lws View Post
I am new here and I also am waiting on my LGS 24x40 smoker I'm down almost nine week with about six to go and can not wait and I think Chris and Amber are great to deal with I even drove 700 miles talk to them place an order.

Congrats to you both! Only 60 days to go for me. Maybe I should say 8.5 weeks. Nah, that sounds just as long.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:16 PM   #780
Smoking Tunes
Knows what a fatty is.

Congrats to all the new owners!

I'm really liking mine. Burnt a brisket, Drum Sticks, mac & cheese and pig shots in mine Saturday, Once I got temp settled in she ran flawlessly.
Smoking Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote