MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
plakers
Full Fledged Farker

Im in agreement with those who say try Costco or the equivelant. Look for choice meats, my costco up here often sells prime grade top sirloin, whole(sometimes cap off sometimes not. Often find whole tri-tips choice grade, too.

YouTube is your friend as you can find several videos that show you how to make nice steaks from whole cuts.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #17
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Corn or grass-fed is a matter of preference. In general, grass-fed is leaner and tougher. The taste also is different. I will reiterate the above and ask if you've been to Costco. I shopped at the one on Grant road since they opened in 1982.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
Mrfish
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

Hey Midnight. I don't sell beef, but the Preston IA locker does, vacuum packed. If you want I can pick one up for you and ship it. I think I still have a styrofoam container from a seafood shipment.

If nothing else, it would be fun for you to try some Iowa beef. We can never run out of excuses to cook some good q.

You can check the shipping prices on fedex or ups. Mesage me what your looking for and I will get you current price for the meat. Brother in law is the head meat cutter, and I get the family discount.
Mrfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
bo_gator
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailGateJoecom View Post
You want to try some awesome burgers and don't mind ordering online, http://www.lafrieda.com is the place to go. They are local to me and I am a wholesale customer. When first starting out with them I tested the original blend, short rib blend, and brisket blend as well as the dry aged. I decided to go with the original blend. The dry aged was great and had an almost slightly nutty undertone, but felt for the money, I buy 120-160lbs at a shot, that the original blend was best. I went by this weekend to buy a small order for a friend and they actually had some skirt steak blend burgers that were also excellent.

I toured the plant, everything is ground fresh the day it is sold, he brings in his crew every night to fill orders. While other hamburger is made up in large part from scraps, theirs is purpose made from whole muscle. The dry aged burger meat is trimmed from the meat vault where they age the very expensive stuff for all the top NY restaurants.

Google Pat Lafrieda and you will see what I mean.
Don't that guy have a TV show
bo_gator is offline   Reply With Quote