MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #781
Grain Belt
is one Smokin' Farker

jkristie44,

It disturbs me that you would be so condescending to call people who pick up your materials from the curb "douchebags" or the equiv. You put the stuff out there with the hopes that people will grab it and then you go on and on about how low and trashy they are. Maybe you are at the top of the food chain and the rest of the world is below you. I, for one, am not impressed with your early post for what its worth. This site has many different folks from many different backgrounds. Some of us here, myself included, have grabbed a weber kettle or two from the side of the road. Maybe my behavior was "douchy" but I have cooked a lot of damn nice food on that rescued kettle.
Grain Belt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 06-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #782
jkristie44
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Belt View Post
jkristie44,

It disturbs me that you would be so condescending to call people who pick up your materials from the curb "douchebags" or the equiv. You put the stuff out there with the hopes that people will grab it and then you go on and on about how low and trashy they are. Maybe you are at the top of the food chain and the rest of the world is below you. I, for one, am not impressed with your early post for what its worth. This site has many different folks from many different backgrounds. Some of us here, myself included, have grabbed a weber kettle or two from the side of the road. Maybe my behavior was "douchy" but I have cooked a lot of damn nice food on that rescued kettle.
One, it wasn't a kettle I put out there. Two, if you think it is remotely safe to tie a grill to your spoiler of your car with bungie cords and endanger everyone in your path, then yes, you are a douche.

Sorry if you don't like my post. I was really trying to make you happy.
jkristie44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #783
kitts21
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Belt View Post
jkristie44,

In JKristies defense I don't think he was calling everyone who stops and grabs something along the side of the road a "douch". I think he was calling the act of this guy "douchy" which I have to agree on. It was very unsafe and idiotic. I am sure if anyone of the people on these boards saw this would also ask, "What the hell is this fool doing". Obviously he expected someone to take it. Just not tied to the back of their car like that. But my favorite part of the video was the end when the guy on the old pedal scooter goes flying by his buddy in the car. I can just hear him now...."woohoo , come on jethro....we gots us some new goodies........lets get back to the douch cave.......
kitts21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #784
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothsmoke View Post

Thanks alot man, i purchased the green OTG today.

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #785
Big Biscuit

Just finished reading this whole thread. I must say I love my Webers too. Here's a pic of my Performer and one of my Genesis E-330. I'll have to post a pic of my Smokey Joe later.

Attachment 66226

Attachment 66227

Attachment 66228

Attachment 66229

Last edited by Big Biscuit; 06-14-2012 at 08:34 PM..
Big Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #786
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

Big Biscuit,
Are those cast-iron grates on the performer? if so where do you get those?
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #787
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS2SB View Post
Big Biscuit,
http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

They are on sale for 15% off for fathers day!

Home depot also sells the stok and academy sports sells the char broil cast iron grates. They aren't as good as the craycort, but they're a lot less $.

The craycort are great grates though. Beefy and heavy duty. They will easily outlast the kettle, and they come in 18, 22, and 26 inch (kamado sizes as well).

And the accessories are good. I would definitely think about the vegetable wok. It also worked well for salmon and fish (the griddle is also good for that, but I feel the smoke flavor comes through better on the wok.
Trumpstylz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #788
Big Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS2SB View Post
Big Biscuit,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpstylz View Post
http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

Home depot also sells the stok and academy sports sells the char broil cast iron grates. They aren't as good as the craycort, but they're a lot less $.

The craycort are great grates though. Beefy and heavy duty. They will easily outlast the kettle, and they come in 18, 22, and 26 inch (kamado sizes as well).

What Trumpstylz says. I know the craycort is kind of expensive but I know just like my cast iron pan it's going to out live me.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #789
enasnidx
Full Fledged Farker

Default Just picked up a 34+ yr. old beauty...

I'd like to apply for official membership to the society. I found this beauty on CL today. It was posted yesterday and today she's mine! Pre '79 Red Kettle in really good condition. The porcelain isn't faded at all! Just a few chips on the edge of the lid. Even the wood handle has some of the original stain finish - no cracks!

Old 06-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #790
Dave S

^^^^^
Now that's a great find. Very Nice!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #791
Drh7003
Full Fledged Farker

I have to say, that after 30+ years of grilling, and BBQ'ing the best grills I have ever owned are the weber kettles...YES I AM AN ADDICT!
I have a blue, a black and a smokey joe now....

Old 06-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #792
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Time for a new "family" picture, since I made a few changes to the "family."

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #793
Big Biscuit

Trying to work out a deal for a 18.5" wsm right now. I hope it works out.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #794
Big Biscuit

It's mine!!!!! Here's my CL find. Traded for a 10' surf casting rod and $50.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bar/3084334279.html

Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #795
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Biscuit View Post
It's mine!!!!! Here's my CL find. Traded for a 10' surf casting rod and $50.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/bar/3084334279.html
That's not a kettle, its a smoker. There's a specific thread for wsm appreciation, but well done anyway.
Trumpstylz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appreciation threads, kettle, Weber, weber kettle, weber kettle methods, weber kettle mods