Is there a WSM modification thread?

syndicate559

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Tried searching and looked through the roadmaps, but didn't come up with what I was really looking for. Just wondering if anyone has a thread bookmarked that deals with common/popular WSM modifications. 22.5" if it matters. :pray:

Hey Eddie,
The WSM is so good there really is no need for mods.
Most common mods are to add a second charcoal grate turned 90 degrees from the existing. Next would be to add handles to the center section. Older WSMs get a thermo mod, but the 22 should have a thermo already.
Quite frankly, out of the box it's pretty much ready to go.
Of course there are all kinds of use options, like sand/clay saucer instead of water in the pan.
You can always go here to find even more info.
Enjoy the WSM.

Hey Eddie,
The WSM is so good there really is no need for mods.
Most common mods are to add a second charcoal grate turned 90 degrees from the existing. Next would be to add handles to the center section. Older WSMs get a thermo mod, but the 22 should have a thermo already.
Quite frankly, out of the box it's pretty much ready to go.
Of course there are all kinds of use options, like sand/clay saucer instead of water in the pan.
You can always go here to find even more info.
Enjoy the WSM.

I guess that came off a little different than I meant it to. I don't feel it needs to be changed in any drastic way or anything like that. I was wondering more if it's common to add thermometers to the center section, closer to the grate levels, stuff like that. Thanks for the link. Looks like there's a whole new can of worms to dive into :laugh:

Yup......^^^THAT^^^ was gonna be my suggestion. There's lots of mods there.:thumb:

Back