pork butts on the big green egg plus.....

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
i cooked a couple pork butts on the big green egg overnight. massaged the butts a few hours before i cooked them with yellow mustard and the following... simply marvelous season all, simply marvelous sweet and spicy, dizzy pig red eye express, burnt fingers rub, sea salt and sugar in the raw. cooked them about 16 hours and then wrapped them in foil and into a cooler they went, covered with a beach towel, for about two and a half hours.

threw some red beans and rice together at the same time (on the stove).... onions, salt pork, a ham hock, cubed ham & conecuh smoked sausage.....

7ccff0b3.jpg

a8e54e58.jpg

c0b484ce.jpg

5838a775.jpg

7bc6f1fa.jpg

707a04d3.jpg

fdde6b44.jpg

499e8303.jpg

64bc77d5.jpg

1f5650db.jpg

97b8d1c4.jpg

dd0f02ca.jpg

587e26fb.jpg

I pulled the butts at 195-199.

They are such a long cook, but so worth it.

i actually made coleslaw as well, but i don't eat that stuff. homemade vinegar sauce for the pork and i just had a bowl of it with some blues hog.

looks great smithfields are enchanced notice any difference

i honestly didn't. not real sure what enhanced is. the missus said it was the best pulled pork we've had. i can't really argue as it did turn out excellent.

i'm not sure we have many more than say two suppliers of pork to this area. smithfield is always what winn dixie has, but i'd presume perhaps walmart and sams may use someone else. not even sure of that.

i honestly didn't. not real sure what enhanced is. the missus said it was the best pulled pork we've had. i can't really argue as it did turn out excellent.

i'm not sure we have many more than say two suppliers of pork to this area. smithfield is always what winn dixie has, but i'd presume perhaps walmart and sams may use someone else. not even sure of that.

"Enhanced" means the packer injected the meat with brine before it went into the cryowrap. The argument is that this makes for better finished product, but the real reason they do it is selling you salt water at the price of meat makes for more profit.

Back