Brisket cook - first post

Daddyx

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been lurking and commenting on posts for a bit but decided to finally post after getting some decent pics this time around. I smoked 3 Costco Prime briskets that were about 15 lbs each last weekend for some family, friends, and neighbors. The weather forecast called for rain and boy did it storm, right when I fired up my smoker too, took a bit of work to get things lit but after that things went smooth. Rubbed with Meat Church Holy Cow and Holy Gospel, my go to beef rubs. Smoked at 250°F for about 10 hours with oak wood, wrapped them at around 7 hours in butcher paper and rested for a few hours in my Cambro Go Box before slicing. They turned out pretty good, not my best work but people usually don't complain about free brisket.

P1080448_zpsmsu2opgu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1080732_zps11ucgpph.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1080917_zps0zhmzoe5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

P1080994_zps8gnfu3b6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Look good to me. You can send some of that free brisket my way.

Nice. Very nice pics and the brisket looks good to me. I'll be awaiting shipment of that free brisket.

Do you notice a big difference in the Costco prime briskets over a choice brisket from like Kroger or somewhere? I've been wanting to go buy some from Costco, but Kroger has one on sale every time I get ready to do one, which isn't a bad thing. I just imagine the prime has to be a little better meat.

Do you notice a big difference in the Costco prime briskets over a choice brisket from like Kroger or somewhere? I've been wanting to go buy some from Costco, but Kroger has one on sale every time I get ready to do one, which isn't a bad thing. I just imagine the prime has to be a little better meat.

Since the prime briskets at Costco are cheaper than the choice at the local markets, prime is all I have ever cooked. Sorry I don't have a good answer for that one. I do know that the prime have always been excellent quality with fantastic points.

Prime vs Choice

In Houston area the prime from Costco might have a bit more marbling but they are fatter than a Choice from Krogers. Best is to buy a Prime from HEB for usually about same as Costco.

Excellent pics and cooking mate

Yeah, the pics are good, and I'm sure the brisket was delicious.

Since the prime briskets at Costco are cheaper than the choice at the local markets, prime is all I have ever cooked. Sorry I don't have a good answer for that one. I do know that the prime have always been excellent quality with fantastic points.

Must be nice, In PA, Costco doesn't even carry Packers, let alone Prime packers. I almost made the mistake of buying a membership based on this forum. I am glad i had enough common sense to look around before heading to customer service to waste $100 or w/e the membership costs. Still salty i wasted a 20 minute drive.

Back