MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #16
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Got a Delivery Date yet.?
Tracking info estimates Friday as the delivery date, but I don't know if that means to the local freight terminal or to my house. The freight line is supposed to call me to set up delivery once it arrives locally. Hope to hear something tomorrow maybe.....

Old 06-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #17
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMIMNAK View Post
Tracking info estimates Friday as the delivery date, but I don't know if that means to the local freight terminal or to my house. The freight line is supposed to call me to set up delivery once it arrives locally. Hope to hear something tomorrow maybe.....
Just my personal experience with freight (only 4 times or so) but once you get confirmation that it has arrived at their location, give them 24 hours and if you don't hear from them just call them directly to get the ball rolling.

Good luck with the new cooker and I'm excited for some cool pics of a new style of cooker. Cheers!

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #18
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Not going as hoped.....Roadrunner sat on it for nearly 48 hours in Texas before the truck started moving north. Left for Bolingbrook, IL at 3 AM today. No way it gets to me this week. :(

Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #19
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Not going as hoped.....Roadrunner sat on it for nearly 48 hours in Texas before the truck started moving north. Left for Bolingbrook, IL at 3 AM today. No way it gets to me this week. :(
Company Picnic at Roadrunner.......... this gives you time to get some Wood this Weekend.....and Briskets, and Ribs and Fatty(s)

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #20
12ring
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
I work for a freight company and anything that hits our dock before 10:00am will be delivered that day. But then again we’re the best freight company out there. Lol
12ring is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-07-2018, 10:49 PM   #21
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ring View Post
I work for a freight company and anything that hits our dock before 10:00am will be delivered that day. But then again we’re the best freight company out there. Lol
Old Dominion? They were awesome delivering my last cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2018, 10:46 PM   #22
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

The smoker was packed on Monday. It took until late Thursday afternoon to show up somewhere in Arkansas, and late this afternoon (Friday) finally to Rockford, IL. Four days to complete a 16-hour drive. No chance I see this thing before middle of next week.

Probably for the better. I have a big paper due next Friday and the last thing I need is my new toy showing up when I have to choose between firing it up or passing my class.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #23
PatAttack

Quote:
As promised, the new 20" offset pits that LSG just redesigned and rolled out 15 days ago are coming fast off the presses.

While I'm guessing this will certainly slow down a bit once the orders start flowing in, mine was finished this afternoon (Thursday, May 31) just 13 days after ordering. The initial estimate of 1-2 weeks was spot on. They had subsequently revised that to 2-3 weeks, but that longer estimate never came to fruition.

Bottom line: I ordered the brand new 20"x42" LSG offset on Friday, May 18, and it was finished today - 13 days later. That is unheard of. The 24"x36" I was considering previously would have been done in mid-September if the 14-week timeline for those held.

I'd have been thrilled with a new smoker by the 4th of July, but it looks like I might have it by the 4th of June!

Already planning some review videos for y'all. Will keep you posted.
Pics would be...nice.

I want to see it. Anyone else??

Damn nice turnaround on that.

How long have you been working for LSG???

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #24
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatAttack View Post
Pics would be...nice.

I want to see it. Anyone else??

Damn nice turnaround on that.

How long have you been working for LSG???
Planning to do one better.....video review! Ordered a tripod and hoping to turn this into a small series of short review videos on YouTube. Won't be fancy, but will try to cover all the bases that guys on here would want to see up close.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #25
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

The thing FINALLY left Bolingbrook, Illinois tonight. Really getting frustrated with the freight company. It sat in TX for almost two days after loading, took the rest of last week just to make it to IL, then sat in IL all weekend and only got dispatched at 10 PM tonight. Next it says it's going to Hudson, WI. If they do another two day truck switch there I'm going to have a hard time keeping my grey matter under 104 degrees.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:44 PM   #26
SmittyJonz

Ain't you got a Paper to be Writing or a Big Test to Study For..........? Just have your wife hypnotize you and forget you ever ordered a Smoker and then she can surprise you with it after the freight companies get Done cooking on it......

Old 06-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #27
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Ain't you got a Paper to be Writing or a Big Test to Study For..........? Just have your wife hypnotize you and forget you ever ordered a Smoker and then she can surprise you with it after the freight companies get Done cooking on it......
I have both, actually :) But that does NOT mean I don't have an hour to relax on the BBQ forum each evening and belly ache!!!

I mean, who cares if I can cook on her this week or not.....but I still want to be able to walk out to the garage and drool. Besides, the sooner I get her, the sooner you guys get some review vids.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #28
SmittyJonz

Keep Your Eyes on the Medallion and Relax.....You Are getting Sleepy...............

Old 06-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #29
Rik Rok
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default LSG 20 X 36 Smoker

I ordered a new 20 X 36 LSG offset May 16 and it is supposed to be ready this week. That is close to 4 weeks from order to finish. I did tell them I was in no hurry though.
Luckily I live about 1 1/2 hour drive from LSG so I am hoping a trip to pick it up is in the plans for this weekend!

Excited to get it and try it out.

Rik Rok

Home made LARGE electric/ wood chip smoker
22.5 WSM (for sale now)
22.5 Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe
Rik Rok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 07:02 AM   #30
Springram
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik Rok View Post
I ordered a new 20 X 36 LSG offset May 16 and it is supposed to be ready this week. That is close to 4 weeks from order to finish. I did tell them I was in no hurry though.
Luckily I live about 1 1/2 hour drive from LSG so I am hoping a trip to pick it up is in the plans for this weekend!

Excited to get it and try it out.

Rik Rok

Home made LARGE electric/ wood chip smoker
22.5 WSM (for sale now)
22.5 Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe
Congratulations on your new smoker. Exciting stuff!
Weber 22.5 Master Touch
Hunsaker drum
Weber Smokey Joe
Blackstone griddle
PK Grill (original)
Springram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lone star grillz, lone star grillz new models, LSG