New to the Forum, But Not to Barbecue, Grilling, and Smoking

Darrinw2001

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hello All!

I have been cooking for over 35 years and started working in restaurants when I was 14 years old. I have been out of that business for a long time but still have a passion for cooking! I have a blog called "Fire & Water Cooking" where I do a lot of cooking on my grills and using the method of Sous Vide.

I currently have a Kamado Joe Big Joe that I have had for 5 years, an Akorn Jr that I use a lot for searing and grilling, and I just sold my Weber Performer Kettle as I now have a new Camp Chef SmokePro SG24 Pellet Grill on it's way that should be here next week. I have owned many different grills, smokers, and outdoor cookers and prefer charcoal and real wood. The very few gas grills I have owned were never my favorite.

I look forward to finding and sharing some interesting ideas on here.

Last edited:
Welocme to the asylum, Darrin!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back