Help..Smoked Shrimp

cinmur

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What is the best way to "hold" smoked shrimp after they come off smoker..Will get them done, but not be eating them for about 1 1/2 hrs...If we put into crock pot..will they become rubbery, etc..
Thanks

Definitely become rubbery in the crock pot as they will continue to cook, even if it's on "stay warm". I usually serve all my seafood right away, maybe some kind of foil wrap or something would work though. Just my thoughts, good luck.

Boy, tough to do. The only thing that comes to mind for me is to chill them as soon as done and reheat quickly in very hot oven or microwave, and I'm not sure that that wourk very well either. Is there some reason you have to hold them, shrimp is pretty tough to hold for any length of time.

KC

I agree with these guys. Shrimp do not "hold" well at all. Is there anyway you can just cook them at the time of service? Shrimp only take a few minutes to cook, grilling them would take the same amount of time that it would take you to reheat them.. Good luck!

I cook shrimp and wrap them up in a foil pouch and then into a SS bowl covered with foil and lay a t towel over it, they'll stay warm for quite a while, not hot like coming off the grill, but warm. Every time I've tried to re-heat them they end up overcooked which is so easy to do with shrimp.

Back