High Plains Smoke Signals - Live Cook w/ Pr0N

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Happy Sunday, folks!

Following SirPorkaLot's Lexington NC 'cue tutorial with only the butt portion of the shoulder, I a-salted a nice 16lb'er early this morning.

kUdwvO0h.jpg

After a while, I added a JD Maple chub that was rolled in Smokin' in the Dark's Medium Rub.

hBS9XsVh.jpg

Once the fatty was done, I chopped half of the chub and used it in a small pan of Wampus' Bourbon Peach Beans.

UVZJwdSh.jpg

By this time, the butt was cruising along at around 160F, so I panned it to catch the juices for the rest of the cook (not following directions that I mentioned above).

wSaGmDZh.jpg

A nice trio of pork butt, baby backs (generously rubbed with John Henry Pecan), and those lovely bourbon peach beans are sharing room in the sauna.

zZrd6Zeh.jpg

More to come.

Last edited:
I've made these beans once before... but it's been a while. Plus, this is for my "outlaws..."

No pressure. :wink:

Wampus sure knows his way around a pan of beans.... even when I semi-bastardize the recipe in the making.

pqWY8VAh.jpg

Ribs are coming along nicely, too. 2 Hours in, thus far. I think I might get a little wild and crazy and decide to wrap with some butter, brown sugar, and extra pecan rub. :shock:

cBURDzUh.jpg

Ribs wrapped. Haven't done this but maybe once... I see many of you folks doing it for comps, so it's probably a good thing, eh?

gvKFDczh.jpg

Beans came off the smoker - quick stir, then foil cover, and into a warm oven to hold.

Eba4VKMh.jpg

Bone in the butt's got a bit of wiggle... slight tug. Internal Temp 205F. - Wrapped and into the warm oven to hold for a bit.

rU08DMKh.jpg

Unwrapped the ribs, and back onto the grates they go for a firm-up. Licked my fingers... Sweet for my taste, but tasty.

UZuySjkh.jpg

Ribs were tasty.

mNZSbRvh.jpg

Chopped Pork was... wow.

mciGcGqh.jpg

OnwUw27h.jpg

MIL whipped up a salad to help keep this mildly healthy.

wsn9jQJh.jpg

Wampus, if you're out there - These beans.... they bring all the boys to the yard... or something similar.

Y'all have a great evening. Back to the salt mines in a few hours.

Not bad. Fed 3.5 of us, and I've got about 5lbs of pork barbecue, about 2/3 rack of BB ribs, and 1/2 a small batch of Wampus Beans in the freezer.

Whew. That was some good eats, but putting it all away was about as busy as cooking it (just all crammed into one 30min bit of jobbing it).

Good food, staged in the freezer sure is nice.

CINCHOUSE is about to RTB. Time to get myself in order, lest I feel a bit of pressure in my hind parts.

Pleasant evening to you all,
Shadow / Marc

Back