Catering Questions

Beerwolf

Take a breath!
Reaction score
As luck would have it... I was 'volunteered" to do the meats for my HS reunion. I am planning on Chicken/Pulled Pork/Tri tip OR Brisket.

In trying to figure the quantities... what is a good SWAG number to yield a serving? At present I have no idea of quantity attending.

Pork question. I am planning on smoking over nite, pulling in a foil pan and covering, keeping warm on large charcoal grille with addition of apple juice or more red sauce... is that how you pros do it?

The beef I will cook, foil in cooler and pull as needed?

Any thoughts are appreciated, as I tend to bite off more than I can chew.

As luck would have it... I was 'volunteered" to do the meats for my HS reunion. I am planning on Chicken/Pulled Pork/Tri tip OR Brisket.

In trying to figure the quantities... what is a good SWAG number to yield a serving? At present I have no idea of quantity attending.

Pork question. I am planning on smoking over nite, pulling in a foil pan and covering, keeping warm on large charcoal grille with addition of apple juice or more red sauce... is that how you pros do it?

The beef I will cook, foil in cooler and pull as needed?

Any thoughts are appreciated, as I tend to bite off more than I can chew.

Will be easier when you get a head count - 4 oz per person for meat is a basis most use, and modify for multiple meats. So Ezzy's calculator has never let me down when working up quantities. I would do brisket instead of tri tip, based on cost. Chicken is best done by the piece. Overnite cook on pork is fine, but use a Cambro or cooler to keep it warm until serving, and then transfer to chafing dishes for buffet service.

Have you considered having attendees pre-order their meal in order to get a better handle on amounts and prep? Or possibly just offer a standard meal of pulled pork and chicken with sides? You'll get a lot of good help here - Best of luck!

C Rocke: Thanks for the insight on the calculator.. we are planning this all online so it will be perfect

MAB52: WTF with the "Bump"

Back