• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cioppino

Smoothsmoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Made a small batch of cioppino on the Kamado Joe today. Tossed in salmon, dungeness crab meat, mussels, scallops, squid and shrimp. Alongside some regular ol garlic white bread. Boy am I stuffed, comfort food!

cioppino1.jpg

cioppino2.jpg

cioppino3.jpg

cioppino4.jpg

cioppino5.jpg

Looks wonderful! I have yet to make cioppino but its on my list of food to-dos. Problem is I'm in mi and we just don't get fresh ocean seafood very easily here.

I've made a mean and nasty good paella on the K, but not tried cioppino. One of my favorite means, you knocked it outta the park~!

Looks wonderful! I have yet to make cioppino but its on my list of food to-dos. Problem is I'm in mi and we just don't get fresh ocean seafood very easily here.

Thanks everyone.

J-Rod, give it ago with whatever you have on hand. That's kind of how cioppino came to be. The local fisherman just tossed in whatever they managed to catch that day. At times frozen fish can be better than fresh. Look for blast (flash) frozen.

I hate salmon, but, that is a good looking cioppino. And since I am from SF Bay Area, that means it is that good. :becky:

Back