MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
BrooklynQ
Banned

Default Free Brethren Publicity

Surfing around the internet, I found a website called amazingribs.com. Basically the site is setup to promote the cookbook Amazing Ribs - catchy huh?

Well they have a links page and on the BBQ forums page is a large picture of our pig and this info...

The BBQ Brethren. A very large active message board with a cool logo (above). Easy to use with lotsa knowledgeable folks. Highly recommended.

I'm a little disapointed that he doesn't list any BBQ blogs - but I'll get over it.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

sounds like an accurate portrayal to me!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

It looks to me like we got the best write up of all the boards with a "highly recommended."

Raichlen's board is "reasonably well organized", and Basso's is "no frills".

Good job, everyone! You too, Poo.

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #4
cmcadams
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I'd give it more credibility if it had less bad spelling on the home page... trying to sound high falutin' is better achieved with correct spelling.

Livefire Whisky

CBJ, some comps, a few awards, Certified Artisan Steak Taster.

XL Big Green Egg, Bubba Keg Convection Grill, Weber Kettle, Charbroil Infrared and mad livefire cooking skillz! :)
cmcadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
backyardchef
Babbling Farker

Default What's up Huggybear?

You're gonna need more jewelry if you plan to be a real pimp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynQ
Surfing around the internet, I found a website called amazingribs.com. Basically the site is setup to promote the cookbook Amazing Ribs - catchy huh?

Well they have a links page and on the BBQ forums page is a large picture of our pig and this info...

The BBQ Brethren. A very large active message board with a cool logo (above). Easy to use with lotsa knowledgeable folks. Highly recommended.

I'm a little disapointed that he doesn't list any BBQ blogs - but I'll get over it.

The Hampton Smoker Blog: http://backyardchef.blogspot.com

7' Meadow Creek reverse flow w/ a 4' grill on the nose, named Large Marge
48" Klose Backyard Chef named Wubby
Willy the Wonder Grill
Weber Kettle named Georgiette
ECB Spider Web Collector Model
Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Firebrick Supremo
backyardchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
BrooklynQ
Banned

I sent him an email suggesting he add blogs -- and he did. Check it out here. There's a lot of brethren blogs listed.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
pqbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Oops!
Something went wrong and we couldn't find the page you wanted.
Here's how to fix the problem:

If you got to this page by clicking on a link in another website or in your favorite places list, probably the file name has been changed. The replacement shouldn't be hard to locate if you go to my home page.
If you got to this page by clicking on one of the pages in AmazingRibs.com, click the back button, then click the "reload" or "refresh" button on the top of your browser, and try again (your browser may have "cached", or stored, a page whose name has changed.
If none of this helps, send email to me. In your letter, it would be very helpful if you tell us the url of the page you were on when you clicked, what browser you were using, and what operating system you were using.
pqbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #8
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

the link in BQ's post was broken.. its fixed now.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote