brisket: sliced or chopped?

• Thread starter LittleDick'sBBQ
  • Start date
L

LittleDick'sBBQ

Greetings,

I am planning to schmoke a brisket this weekend. I usually slice it, but I'm thinking about chopping it instead (or pulling it). What do others do? What are the advantages/disadvantages to each?

Thank you,
Littler Dick

Normally, I prefer brisket sliced. But, for sandwiches, if you do a whole packer, it can be quite tasty and it a little easier to eat.

I prefer sliced unless I have to many Wobbly Pops and I let it go to long to where it is falling apart then I like chopped which almost never happens.

Slice the flat, cube the point,

eat, eat again the next day,

then and only then, you are you allowed to chop the twice eaten leftovers (see Nachos, Tacos, BBQ Beef, Baked Bean meat)

That's the rule in our house.

Normally I slice it all and chopped the slices for my leftover creations. My last one, I sliced about half and pulled the rest. The pulled stuff was delicious and almost worked better for the leftovers.

Brisket, I tend to slice the flat and pull the point. Gives us both...

But, like chad said, I do more chuckies than I do briskets because we like it pulled (aka. chopped) so much... Lots of folks say "it tastes just like pulled pork, only more beefy and better".

Thanks all! How does the cooking time compare?

Littler Dick

When I try to slice mine when the brisket is still warm, it tends to fall apart. The only time I get good slices is the next day when it's cold. (I guess I'd have a hard time at a comp.) :wink:

Back