MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #91
MAP
Full Fledged Farker

Way to go Dave!!!!!! At your next Pitmaster's stop I was the one that yelled "Trust Your Butcher" as I was pulling my RV from the grounds on Sunday morning.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #92
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
So what types of knives you use? Just curious if there is that much of a difference? I was looking a the shun which is a harder steel and supposedly holds the edge better.
Never heard of the brand Shun, I use Forschner knives. I do own some older Dexter Russell's that are about 30 years old and are great. I am not crazy of the newer ones they have. Some of the higher carbon steel knives are hard on edges in my world.

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #93
jofprexus
Found some matches.

The "butter" wasn't strictly there to provide butter flavor, it's there to keep the brown sugar from solidifying into a rock-hard layer of candy.
jofprexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #94
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP View Post
Way to go Dave!!!!!! At your next Pitmaster's stop I was the one that yelled "Trust Your Butcher" as I was pulling my RV from the grounds on Sunday morning.
Heck yea I remember this. I hope you had a good contest that weekend.

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #95
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofprexus View Post
The "butter" wasn't strictly there to provide butter flavor, it's there to keep the brown sugar from solidifying into a rock-hard layer of candy.
Ahhhh that makes sense. I didn't think of it like that.
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #96
blackeyedpig
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benavidez View Post
i agree... Grassfed whole butter or GHEE tastes way better than margarine could ever wish to and if your worried that butter has to low of a smoke point use ghee which has a 400 degree smoke point and is super rich. Not to mention the positive nutrients of grassfed butter like butyric acid which has anti cancer properties and conjugated linoleic acid that aids in weight loss. yes good butter can help you lose weight..
Thanks, this is the point I've been trying to get to. I don't understand why ghee isn't a staple in barbecue. It's shelf stable, has a high smoke point, tastes like butter and is available at a reasonable price at any Indian or international market and, I'm sure, on-line. Those worried that it will give their food an Indian flavor haven't tried ghee, it tastes like butter and nothing else.
blackeyedpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #97
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeyedpig View Post
Thanks, this is the point I've been trying to get to. I don't understand why ghee isn't a staple in barbecue. It's shelf stable, has a high smoke point, tastes like butter and is available at a reasonable price at any Indian or international market and, I'm sure, on-line. Those worried that it will give their food an Indian flavor haven't tried ghee, it tastes like butter and nothing else.
Not to sounds like a smart @$$, but the reason why it is not a staple in bbq is because no one that i know if uses it and wins with it (in competition bbq) now if you go out there and become TOY in ribs using it and tell someone you are using it, it will become the next big thing in comp bbq and it will start to trickle down into back yard bbq techniques like squeeze butter.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #98
MAP
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher BBQ View Post
Heck yea I remember this. I hope you had a good contest that weekend.
Lets just put it this way I had fun...lol 16 out of 63