MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default EZ-Ups for Vending

I have read some threads on EZ-Up type shelters and see that most Brethren think the EZ-Up brand is the best choice in the long run. Most of the discussion has revolved around competition set ups. I am more interested right now in vending at one-day farmer's markets, which is similar, but I want to make sure that EZ-Up is still what I should be looking to buy.

Looking at their website, they have several models. Which model should I be looking at? Looks like they recommend the Enterprise II for what I will be doing. Is that more than I need ?

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Bbq Bubba

Whatever you decide, make sure you get the screen walls, HD required.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
Bigmista

Ez-up or Caravan

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #4
nthole
Babbling Farker

Sams has one that includes sides (solid though I think) and a front half side. Then all you need is the screened sides for when it's warmer out and you should be set.

I think of vending pretty much as the same setup as a comp. Food prep area, cleaning area (3 basins), and a serving table. But then again...I haven't really done any vending...yet!
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Mine are made by First Up, got them at Walmart for $80, they now have EZ Ups for $89 10'x10'
Old 02-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogBack Mtn Comp BBQ Team View Post
Mine are made by First Up, got them at Walmart for $80, they now have EZ Ups for $89 10'x10'
I found that Walmart, at least on their website, has the First Up that you got and another brand called Stow-EZ. Don't see online where they have EZ-Up brand.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
Ez-up or Caravan
Neil, where did you find the screens with the pass-thru windows? Those look perfect.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

You are correct, my mind saw EZ and assumed it was EZ Up. A Walmart trick I'm sure.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
Bigmista

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
Neil, where did you find the screens with the pass-thru windows? Those look perfect.
I actually bought those used on craigslist from a vendor getting out of the business.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Anyone ever had problem with the fire inspector about the tarp being flame resistant?

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
caravan sells them on line - $89 for 4.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
Just Smokin' Around
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC PIG ASSASSINS View Post
Anyone ever had problem with the fire inspector about the tarp being flame resistant?
It's requied in some locations - mostly cities where the fire dept. has set up rules. You can download the fire retardant certificate off the Caravan website. I carry it with the pop-ups just in case. You may need them in DC if they inspect - cook teams can be required to show them.

If you go with Caravan, then you can order ther steel frame 10x10 online from Costco for about $225. If you go to the Costco store, they are about $190 for aluminium frame. They come with solid side walls. I got the steel frame.
I like Caravan because I don't like pushing in the "button" to raise and lower the legs and canopy with the EZ-Up - pinched fingers. Caravan has a pull-pin design.

I saw a post somewhere a few months ago for screened sidewalls for $20 for 4 - fits a 10x10. I was going to get them off the Caravan website (mentioned above) until I found these - forget the name of the company, but it was a cheaper canopy company. So, hunt around. Haven't used them yet.
Medium BGE, Weber Kettle and gasser, other toys
Just Smokin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
big range bbq
Knows what a fatty is.

We (big range bbq) heard so many good things about bigmista, that we had to go see what it was all about...we had tasted his stuff before last year in Hesperia, but had to see what his setup was like at the farmers market Since this is what is consuming our lives right now...We are preparing for the same road.
So, we woke up this morning threw our kids in the car and drove about 80 miles to Meet the Mista and The MrsMista......We introduced ourselves, and ordered away...we ordered the BIGMISTA! This was plenty of food for the four of us....and I think people were even looking at us funny, as we devoured some really great BBQ that someone else had cooked for us! IT was fabulous, and what a warm, and wonderful bunch of people. They made us feel right at home, and showed us the ropes of how a well run booth is run at the market. We are so glad we decided to drive the 160 miles (round trip) It was a beautiful Southern California Day, and even better when we got to eat some great BBQ, and meet some even better brethren...
Thank you Mr and Mrs Mista! We wish you nothing but success, and keep your fingers crossed for us too! P.S. Our son who is a red velvet afficianado, said it was one of the best....so keep the red velvet coming...

After looking around on here tonight, I think we probably posted in the wrong area..lol we are new to this posting thing...:)
big range bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #14
Bigmista

I realyy appreciate you guys coming out today. I have to get used to folks coming so far just for my bbq that I serve from my Caravan tent.

BOT.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #15
Michael in PA
Got Wood.

We use Caravan aluminum 10 x 20s with red roofs. They take a pretty good beating and you can get replacement parts.