• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Store bought Wood?

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So who buy chunked wood in the bag? Many woods are not native to the NW so I'm stuck buying bags. I have picked up some of this Western wood and it has so much bark, and inconsistent sized pieces. Looking for a good brand.

I've purchased at both Academy Sports and ACE Hardware. Satisfied with both. Of course if rather score free wood when I can.

I've been getting mine at Home Depot. Decent size chunks and different varieties. No complaints

Nothing against it. My wood pile was wet the other day so I bought some bagged splits for a cook. Worked fine, just brutally expensive. I did the math and store bought kiln dried wood comes out to $1,950 a cord. As opposed to buying regular wood its about $400 a cord.

So who buy chunked wood in the bag? Many woods are not native to the NW so I'm stuck buying bags. I have picked up some of this Western wood and it has so much bark, and inconsistent sized pieces. Looking for a good brand.

Western Wood for me. Its great imo. I run multiple size cookers so nothing goes to waste. Even the small bits are good for me .

Western chunk is pretty much all I've ever used unless someone gives me some split. I've never paid attention to bark because I really don't notice any difference. It's part of the wood.

I used to buy chips, then i tried pellets, then i moved on to chunks. Then i realized clean burning wood produces less smoke, but better smell/tasting food. I switched back to pellets and could not be happier. It kicked my BBQ up a whole new level.

I've used it a few times when I didn't have a pile at home. No issues at all with the wood, just the price.

Back