Any good Charcoal Deals?

I went to my local Home Depot yesterday and they had 2 13lb bags of Kingsford Blue for $5.88. I tried to pick some up when they had that sale a month or so ago and they had ran out. I thought I was going to have to pay full price yesterday but after seeing the lower price I went and got 3 more packs!

Home Depot (HD) had (2)16lb. bags for $5.88 last month. As 1FUN posted it will probably be a couple more weeks. HD, Lowes, and Wal-Mart always have sales then.

I think HD had the 40lb back ( 2 - 20lb bags ) for something like $7 last year? ( I might be totally spacing on the price, but I know it was cheap )... That started around Memorial Day, and may have lasted until late June.. definitely no later than July 4th... i am waiting so I can stock up.... bought like 80lbs last summer.... I think I have about 10lbs left only...

Costco typically has 2 18lbs bags of Competition Kingsford for 19.00 plus they have $4.00 coupons to go with it.

Im looking forward to the sales. Im going to stock up! That is, if they are good deals.

Sams Club in VA 2 of 22 or 24# bags are 16. HD and Lowes will have those bags probably for 10-11 bugs on Memorial day weekend.

I got a peek at a Menards ad coming out later this week; RO briquettes will be going on sale for $4.87 for an #18 bag. Regular price is $6.87.

Sorry that this is no help to the OP, but good for me since I am down to 1/2 a bag.

Chris

I think HD had the 40lb back ( 2 - 20lb bags ) for something like $7 last year? ( I might be totally spacing on the price, but I know it was cheap )... That started around Memorial Day, and may have lasted until late June.. definitely no later than July 4th... i am waiting so I can stock up.... bought like 80lbs last summer.... I think I have about 10lbs left only...

Nope, you are right on the mark. My wife said, "you will never go through 320 lbs. of charcoal", when I bought eight of them last year. I have about 30 lbs. left. I was able to get more smoking done then usual which means it's been a good year!

Trader Joe's has 18# bags for $6.99 and I believe it is Ranchers or something like that.

Last edited:
I picked up a bag of Stubbs at Lowes for $2.00 yesterday. Rest of the story.......it had a tear in it and I "negotiated" the price! :shocked: Got home, packing taped up the tear and good to go! :clap:

Can not pass up a potential bargain like that when I see one, never hurts to ask for a deal!

I picked up a bag of Stubbs at Lowes for $2.00 yesterday. Rest of the story.......it had a tear in it and I "negotiated" the price! :shocked: Got home, packing taped up the tear and good to go! :clap:

Can not pass up a potential bargain like that when I see one, never hurts to ask for a deal!
Nice ! :thumb:

Last year, Memorial Day, Lowes......2 x 20lbs bags for $7.88.
I bought 240lbs. and gonna do it again in a few weeks ;)

Certain Restaurant Depot stores have 17.6# bags of Royal Oak lump for $7.99. According to the website, your local store should have them on sale.

My HD has a fark load of pallets of KB. 13.9# twin packs that are going to be $5.88 on Memorial Day.

Matt

Back