Leftover Turkey and Sausage Gumbo with pr0n

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I had some leftover turkey. And, I had some leftover sausage that I had previously grilled on the SJG. So, I had the basis for a gumbo, and a gumbo I made.

Here's the turkey...

picture.php

And here's the sausage...

picture.php

Of course, I made my own roux, a nice chocolate brown...

picture.php

The other ingredients were the holy trinity (chopped onions, bell peppers and celery), chicken stock, water, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt -- and a few green onions added for serving.

Money shot...

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

CD

That looks so fine! Killer roux there too Mon:clap2:

This German guy doesn't know much about making roux. But that looks really tasty! Nice photos too. Is that Le Creuset cookware I see? nice!

Outstanding! That is exactly what would have become of my turkey leftovers......had there been any =(

Outstanding! That is exactly what would have become of my turkey leftovers......had there been any =(

Thanks! It is nice to get a compliment from a brethren who has eaten the real thing.

CD

This German guy doesn't know much about making roux. But that looks really tasty! Nice photos too. Is that Le Creuset cookware I see? nice!

Yes, My Dutch ovens are Le Creuset. The Le Creuset outlet in Allen has some good deals on factory seconds, if you keep and eye out. I got all of mine at 50-percent off or less.

BTW, a roux is not difficult to make, although people think it is. It is actually very easy, once you know how. I'll gladly walk you through it sometime. We live close -- we should get together and cook sometime.

CD

I make a similar gumbo when the weather gets cool enough here in FL. I like to start with a stock I make from smoked turkey bones, and I smoke some andouille for the sausage.

That is some impressive looking food you made there! I bet it was impressive tasting too.

That is outstanding! Beautiful color on the roux, and that sprinkle of green onion on top...I just want to dive right in! Nicely done! :thumb::thumb:

Back