BBQ Brisket & Butt W/ Pron!

D

Derek

I'll post the pron shots as soon as I get on my other machine.

This will not allow me to post pics or do much anything ay more until I can find the windows Xp disc.

The brisket was more then halfway done so I'll just finish it in the smoker.

Oh my god, I forgot the most inportant thing ( I'm such a dummy )

I forgot the dry rub on the Pork shoulder so I will have no Bark at all. but it will taste mighty fine still.

A naked butt will still be good if properly cooked. You just need to spice when pulled.

And I'm still having an issue with my pictures. I can't seem to get anything to work on this stupid computer.

Tomorrow, I'll have the photos up and it's allmost ready to pull, The brisket and the butt are 203*f

I'm still having trouble getting the pictures uploaded.

I can do one at a time though but it would be a long time doing it that way!

Forget the pics for now...how did they turn out?:becky:
The brisket was dry & contaminated. Made me sick last night.

The pork butt didn't last no more then a half hour. It was really tasty even with out putting a stupid rub on it, LOL!

LMFAO - Contaminated? - WTF? Glad the butt came out good. Briskies aren't easy.
True true, Well we traveled 200 miles some with a half cooked brisket and 2 bags of ice.

As soon as it got done it was dry and it shredded like the pork butt, Tried the bark about 1-2 inch slice and all night I was pukin. So I think we contaminated some how.

We didn't properly package it..

Hahaha, why would you ice it halfway cooked?
Don't quote me, but from what I remember off my fast food GM days, it was really bad to cook food up to a point then bring it back down.
After it's hot, the goal is to keep it as hot as you can as long as you can.
Foil the crap out of it, towel it down, then throw it in an ice box because it's a brisket thermos pretty much.

When you let it cool back down on ice you're only bringing it down to a level where bacteria is "prime" to spread out again.

Glad the butt came out nice!
I cooked three butts last night, took 14 hours. God it was intense.

Derek, the brisket was not contaminated, it was spoiled. You cannot cook something to anything less than 130 internal and then cool it. Also, if you are going to cool it, the proper way, which I assume you did not do, would be to place it in a plastic bag, obviously a heat stable one and put it into ice water to drop the temperature as fast as possible. I get the sense that you have worked in the food profession to some degree, or at least have been around food quite a bit. You must certainly know the food temperature safety zones, no?

Derek, the brisket was not contaminated, it was spoiled. You cannot cook something to anything less than 130 internal and then cool it. Also, if you are going to cool it, the proper way, which I assume you did not do, would be to place it in a plastic bag, obviously a heat stable one and put it into ice water to drop the temperature as fast as possible. I get the sense that you have worked in the food profession to some degree, or at least have been around food quite a bit. You must certainly know the food temperature safety zones, no?
Thank you LandArc, and yes we didn't do it right and a lesson learned.

By the way guys I may not be on a few going to reformat this pc so I can post pic again.

Wish me luck

Back