Chef Paul Kirk BBQ class at Klose BBQ Pits, Houston

E

egkor

Participated in a Chef Paul Kirk BBQ class at Klose BBQ Pits, Saturday 3-6.

Picture attached.

Note in the forefront, amongst the custom builts and Klose pits, is the backside of my NB Bandera.

The Bandera produced Q every bit as good as Q produced on the multi-thousand dollar pits.

A day I'll never forget.

-egkor (Gary K)

Always remember.. it aint the Pit, its the pitmaster.... or pitbitch(right Tk?)

Gotta tell me when you guys are going down to klose Pits. I can get ya a backstage pass.

Did you learn anything ?

Did I learn anything?

After going it alone for approx. 10 years with a NBBD horizontal (purchased bent up floor model from Sam's for a discount), and then learning mainly from trial and error and the Internet, I'd have to say I had 90% of it already.

I found out how much I was doing the basics "right".

It was a blast to hang out for a day at Klose Pits with David K, Chef Paul, and 40 new friends, making Q.

-egkor (Gary K)

Did you say hi to my pit while you were there?

Bill,

It was awesome in several different ways. It was really nice to see the less experienced folks "go from zero to Q in under 6 seconds"! That course catapaulted some folks into the world of Q, without the years of suffering and ruining food.

Greg,

Trust me, I said "hello" to all the pits! Several times! :)

-egkor (Gary K)

A Klose Encounter of Another Kind. :D :D :D

Damn the good luck :!:

I WANT the mobile with grill! :D

CORRECTION:

I NEED :mrgreen: the mobile with grill :twisted: That way maybe CinCHouse will "buy off' on it!!

Looks like a great opportunity to get some names to faces and see a lot of different rigs in action.

Now, if Paul would just get over his aversion to foil.... :D

parrothead said:
Did you say hi to my pit while you were there?

When is yours supposed to ship?

I feel the need to visit it and carve my initials on the front
with a diamond scribe.

:twisted:

Rusold,

It was advertised on the Klose web site, I think back in Oct/Nov.

Also I think on Chef Paul's web site.

-egkor (Gary K)

Ya know... Paul will come and do a class anywhere if the money is right.. he goes into presentation more for the competition guys.. but I learnd alot about meat selection, rub and sauce development, trimming and such.. plus he's a great guy and so is Stu, who I noticed was in that first picture also.... almost as big as the damn Bandera.

I should mention.. I didn't even have a smoker when I took his class.. well I had a beat up ECB.....

I would say it's worthwhile....

Ray

now ya make me sad that I didn't follow through and take a long weekend in Texas!!

Back