• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hot roast beef sammies.

c farmer

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
With the chuckie TD going on I got hungry.

Started with a 3 lb arm roast seasoned with SPOG.

Sat in fridge overnight.

Loaded up the basket with KBB and hickory.

It was cold and windy so I stole Keith's idea again. ( works really good )

Getting some nice smoke.

2 hours in.

Pulled off to wrap in foil at IT of 190.

All pulled.

And supper.

Thanks for looking.

Dude that looks absolutely amazing with all that gravy! How long was the smoke to pull the arm roast? Temps, did you foil...details? :thumb::hungry:

Put on the mini at noon. Settled in at 225. I couldn't watch it the whole time but checked on it every couple hours. Everytime I check it it was at 230. Very steady temps even with the wind never adjusted the vents.

Wrapped at IT of 190.

Whole cook was 8 hours.and still had fuel left in the mini.

LOL. I love brown gravy (store bought). But roast gravy is even better. I am a gravy freak though. I just plain like gravy!! all kinds. One of my favorite snacks is bread with brown or roast gravy over it.

The Q is what matters most. A arm roast that smoked for that long with hickory and dripped into the coals below had to taste fantastic!

The Q is what matters most. A arm roast that smoked for that long with hickory and dripped into the coals below had to taste fantastic!

It was great. Pulled nice. The hickory came from my farm.

Love cooking over the coals.

It does look good. Especially that last pic of the sandwich with gravy over it. It is a little fuzzy on the close ups. seems ok farther away. I struggle with this. Pushing the macro button on my camera helps with the closer shots. But I don't know crap about these modern cameras. So I have no really useful comments in the camera department

It does look good. Especially that last pic of the sandwich with gravy over it. It is a little fuzzy on the close ups. seems ok farther away. I struggle with this. Pushing the macro button on my camera helps with the closer shots. But I don't know crap about these modern cameras. So I have no really useful comments in the camera department

I was hoping to enter the TD but I don't like the pics

LOL. I love brown gravy (store bought). But roast gravy is even better. I am a gravy freak though. I just plain like gravy!! all kinds. One of my favorite snacks is bread with brown or roast gravy over it.

try it over fries. You will not believe it

Looks yummy!

Gravy is pretty easy to make. Just take say 2 tablespoons of butter (or tallow in this case--either works) and 2 tablespoons of flour and cook them together until butter melts and flour tastes nutty -- this is your roux.

Add this roux to any liquid and it will thicken it into a velvety gravy, after you heat it up to a simmer. So you'd just take your jus from your roast, put the roux in it and heat it up. You can augment the jus with some beef broth if you don't have enough jus.

Back