Moisture with a little bit of light mold in my UDS

mconigs78

Reaction score
I haven't used my UDS in about 2 weeks and when I opened it up today I have some light fuzzy mold and some moisture on the inside. It gets hot here in Texas so I don't know if it is just from the humidity here or what. I Did have some left over charcoal in it that I. Use of missed when I cleaned it out. I have one ball valve closing it off and the other two inlet I have magnets. I have a cheap Walmart 22" cover on it. Any suggestions so I don't get this moisture or mold build up? Thanks

I normally yank out the basket and lay the drum on its side and blast it out with the hose and turn it up bottom up to dry for an hr then put it back together. sine your has sprouted hair I recommend ya do a burn out and re-season.

You are probably getting moisture by the magnets or the exhaust. I keep mine on my front porch all the time. I have a tin cup cover over the exhaust and a cheapo walmart cover on it. Have never had a moisture problem.

I know about the humidity in Texas as I was born and raised there. Lived there until 1986. The humidity here in the Atlanta area is bad, but not 90 to 100 percent like it was around Houston.

I would start a good fire in her and run your temps up around 350 - 400 for a couple of hours and you should be good to go.

Yup I get it to when the smokers are not being used. I just blast it with high heat then rinse it out. Never a problem just looks messed when u first see it.

Back